How often do you drink?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by fromthatshow, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I've been intoxicated every night for about a week and a half.
  2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I rarely drink at home.
  3. soapymongoose

soapymongoose Well-Known Member

Every night now. Crept back up again.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I haven't had a drink in about 2 months :cheer:
  5. fromthatshow

Go Lynn :confetti:
  6. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Never. Not a drop in 15 years.
  7. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I'll have a beer or two maybe once every couple of months.
  8. fromthatshow

I'm scared of withdrawals :nerves:
  9. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

sometimes rarely, and sometimes every night.
    Comes and goes in stages.
  10. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

Daily for a long time. I get horrible withdrawals when I don't, but I sometimes run out of money :sad:
  11. plates

plates Well-Known Member

when i need to die, or need to go to sleep and shut things off. it isn't too good an idea but i feel it's worse than taking a sedative because...i dunno. i just remember a few months back i was scared at how i was thinking about it, it was a lot like being obsessed with food/bulimia and i realised, no way are you going there again and i managed to stop whatever was going on right there. (i don't know how i just did my best and i suppose i had some control over it then even though at the time i felt out of control a lot.)
  12. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

To be honest with you, its not that bad. When I worked for the samaritans, we had people going through DT all the time and the biggest hurdle is the fear of taking that first step. After that, its comparitively easy.
  13. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Occasionally. sometimes only once a month or so. sometimes more but usually not that often.
  14. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Used to drink (binge) twice a week, usually about the equiv. of 3 bottles of wine.

Then it went down to once a week.

Then every couple of weeks.

Now I am completely off the stuff, it just makes me flip out and that's something I can do without. :(
  15. fromthatshow

I would kill for a drink. I don't know who will buy for me today. If I get any it probably won't be until Thursday.
  16. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

i drink everyday,more and more depending on what my body can handle.Sometimes I just can't drink that much..which I always thought was a blessing..but it is slowly getting more and more..and the urge is earlier in the day.I buy the biggest jug of wine I can afford,and the cheapest and am going through them faster and faster.I can't be buying wine at all because I dont even have money I am using a credit card.AA is an option I know but hey..whats the point when I go home and there is no aa meeting in my house to stop me.
  17. soapymongoose

soapymongoose Well-Known Member

I get home from work on weekdays at 6pm most nights, drink until 1am. I've noticed if I get home later I compensate to more or less the equivalent time I was out after work for. Weekends are a free for all.
  18. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

every day until I get sick.I never throw up though because alchohol hits me before I can get that sick..I sort of pass out...briefly then I am up all night hung over.Next day same thing.Watch the clock till it is late enough to feel less guilty about it.oh i posted in point.
  19. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Last time was 5 weeks ago... However, i ussually drink once per week.
  20. A_Loser

A_Loser Well-Known Member

Every night. I usually mix it up with Xanax to make me even more fucked up. Ain't that a charm
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.