How Often Do You Lash Out At Others?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by boo, Dec 11, 2009.

How Often Do You Find Yourself Getting So Overwhelmed By Stress That You Lash Out At

1. Rarely or never.

16 vote(s)
  2. Sometimes, but not regularly.

9 vote(s)
  3. I lose my temper once a week or more.

2 vote(s)
  4. Lately, this happens almost every day.

11 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

We all get overwhelmed with stressful situations at times, and sometimes people react with anger and loss of temper. How often do you find yourself getting so overwhelmed that you lash out at others? Or just Burst out in rage.
  2. loser

loser Well-Known Member

I control
    I feel enormously angry but I control control control myself
    I have to.
    Enormously and angry and scared
  3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Mostly just at IEP meetings or anywhere else that people throw accusations at me.
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I let the stress build up inside.

I get to take it out playing shows sometimes. I always go fucking insane.
  5. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

Too often, probably at least once daily, if not more. I feel they deserve it though haha.
  6. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I can't say I ever lash out at anyone. Sometimes when my mum is really giving me earache about various things I'll shout at her, but that's really her own fault for being at me so much and provoking me. Unless someone has done something to cause an angry reaction from me, I never really have a reason to.
  7. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I tend to lash out very rarely... I mainly internalize my arnger and bitch to my friends...
  8. Blanca

Blanca Well-Known Member

I need to let my anger out.....I am done keeping it inside,can't do it anymore.....I lose my patience
  9. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Rare to sometimes. I have lots of emotions, but I control. And then it explodes, once or twice a year.
  10. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I hate IEP meetings. The school writes up a plan then they don't even do most of it. What kind of an example is that.

They wash everything under the carpet. I hate those people.

I'm not the student at these things, I'm the Mom. The schools have failed my children miserably. They don't assign homework most of the time anymore. How are children suppose to practice what they are being taught if they don't have homework.

11. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I don't lash out unless I've been lashed out at... Got other ways of dealing with the stress.
  12. plates

plates Well-Known Member

with my family very rarely, when i do it means, "i'm dying. look at me and look what you've done" then it's da da da! I AM SUDDENLY NOT THEIR EMOTIONAL CARER, I'M 'MENTALLY ILL' AND THEY ARE ALL HIDING AWAY CRYING AND DRINKING AND READING THEIR BIBLES!
    here- i do it loads. i've been yelling at the wrong person for nearly a year though :paperbag:. it's not something i enjoy feeling.
  13. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Sometimes, but not often
  14. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I'm a calm person but I have confrontations, I remember I lashed out at some guy, punching him right between the eye spot, wise, after he said some stuff about me and wouldn't shut up in the school library, I was tipsy though since I had a presentation so I took some of my moms alcohol to let loose. Aside from that usually not much.
  15. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

I usually sit back and take the abuse because I feel I deserve it. However sometimes when it is too much I just go off, then I get very angry, too angry and then depressed
  16. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I don't lash out (very rarely) I tend to simmer and stew. That makes me feel infintely worse than if I had lashed out - at least that way it's out in the open and can be sorted.
  17. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

none i internalize all my anger for the most part both good and bad
  18. morgan

morgan Well-Known Member

Oh so much lately.

Most people think I am a very calm person but recently I just hit things, people, with no control whatsoever. I just get so mad I lose the ability to think. I slapped my boyfriend. I punched a solid wood cabinet. Now my knuckles are all bruised up :(

Maybe its a subconscious cry for attention.
  19. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I do, once a week or more. But I've noticed that this is caused by not getting enough sleep at nights, being cranky, or skipping breakfast and not yet had any meal. So I try to do those things and I have no lashing out at all when I'm well-rested and full.
  20. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I tend to lunge out at family members, only immediate. Just swearing, but in this household swearing and maybe punching/slapping each other wouldn't be called 'lunging out'...:laugh:.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.