How often do you lie?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by wastedmylife, Mar 25, 2009.

How often do you lie?

1. Most of the time

5 vote(s)
  2. All of the time

7 vote(s)
  3. Some of the time

25 vote(s)
  4. Hardly ever

14 vote(s)
  5. Never, I try not to because lying is wrong

7 vote(s)
  6. I dont know, I lie so much I dont know or I really dont know

4 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I am convinced most of the world is pathological liars, maybe it is our tendency because of this fucked up world we live in , maybe it is because of religion, how often do you lie, do you know you lie? I use to think I was a patholigical liar and lied so much I didnt know any better

and I voted never, I know it isnt cool to say you dont lie but yea I really tried to live a life of morals and values which goes against everything our diseased culture represents, especially this diseased cancerous country I live in(or what it has turned into)

I think lying is a cancer, when you lie someone is going to get fucked up down the road, maybe we are scared of speaking the truh because the truth hurts

I think there are 2 kinds of liars, those who are manipulative scum bags who deserve to be killed who are probably concience of what scum they are and those who dont know any better and just try not to hurt peoples feelings
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
  2. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

mm not so much lately, i like to speak my mind way too much
  3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Whenever I don't want to be with people, I'll brush them off. Besides if you're candid and suicidal people treat you like a leper. :unsure:
  4. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i have to be the worlds worst liar and so if i try to they are normally little white lies.. and even then i get seen through
  5. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Everytime someone asks how I feel..... I have to lie.
  6. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I very rarely lie, I hate liars and I don't want to be one myself. The only things I lie about are really petty stupid things, like how good a top looks or having a small joke with friends or something, but nothing serious.
  7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I always lie about how I feel unless i'm talking to my T, other than that I have to tell the truth because I just can't lie, and I have also been on the backend of some sick lies and don't think I could do that to anyone. Obviously white lies, about things like presents, etc, I can do too.
  8. Shifter

Shifter Well-Known Member

everyday, when people ask how i am, i say im well. its not a harmful lie, its just to spare them.......
  9. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

All the time to get out of uncomfortable situations.
  10. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I've recently been trying not to lie at all...hard cause I use to lie about stupid stuff all the time but I've decided to live an open and honest life now so I'm trying not to lie
  11. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I try not to lie because I detest liars and theives..Besides lies tend to back fire on you..
  12. If this poll is a chair, the 2nd and 5th options are the armrests.
  13. Scars and Memories

Scars and Memories Account Closed

Not much, unless I did something embarrassing or forgot to do something really important. Oya and I lie to my shrink alot.:biggrin:
  14. bull$hitboy

bull$hitboy Well-Known Member

I don't like lies. I'd rather say nothing than lie. About the only "lie" i tell is from the "how are you" questions and the easy ansswer is "I'm fine"
  15. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I lie when I can't be arsed to explain myself and it's the easiest and quickest way to end the conversation.
  16. Alais

Alais Well-Known Member

Personally, I have always said that suicidal people are the best liars (or actors if you prefer) in the world. We can make people think we're perfectly fine five minutes before we swallow 30 Xanax. We can convince them that depression tears are from a movie and a really good commercial we saw on TV. We're creative at explaining why we have that "suicide kit" in our purse/pocket. Backed into a panicked corner, we're the best creative writers in the world. Yeah - I lie way more than I should.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I lie all of the time.

^ That was a lie (obviously)
  18. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

A lie always leads to another lie in order to cover itself up which in turn leads to another lie. What a complicated way to live your life. I try my best never to lie and dislike those who are liars. However there are times when I do lie. When people ask me how I am out in the world I say OK or not bad even if I am actually in one of those dark places we all know too well. This is the mask I often wear. To my true friends I am more honest and here on the forum I know I don't have to wear that mask. I may also lie when I'm jokingly messing about with friends but there are lies which are intended to hurt or deceive others for our own gain and these I will avoid at all costs.
  19. Fantasy Addict

Fantasy Addict Active Member

I don't get close to people, so I've been lying a lot just to keep them away. I've been doing it for years, and it comes so naturally now that it's starting to become a serious problem.
  20. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i used to never lie at all.
    then when i starting having problems i did those little white lies or whatever they are called to try and protect people from me.
    now im a mess i dont know what is real or not anymore so i probably lie most of the time now without even meaning it or realizing it.
    whenever im drunk (which is most of the time) i am too honest and say too much and end up causing problems for myself and probably others as well which sucks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.