• Hi All - On Sunday 1st March we have scheduled server work going on and the forum will be closed for approximately 90 minutes from around 8am GMT. The site will not be down but there will be a notice on the forum stating that the forum is temporarily closed and giving a time estimate of when it will reopen. There is nothing to worry about and we will not be gone for long :)

How old were you when you first attempted suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
11, I think. When the first person began really leaving me; guess I knew even then that she was setting up a cycle that would play itself out time and time again.

Baywasp

To dare is to do
19 years old. That was the only real time I tried, even though I've been thinking about it since 12 or 13. I felt trapped in my living situation with my parents, and, this is kind of embarrassing, but part of it was that I was really stressed about an essay for my English composition class and didn't think I would be able to finish it so I felt worthless. (I did such a horrible job that everyone thought I had just self-harmed, not that I had actually tried to kill myself.)

SinisterKid

We either find a way, or make one.
SF Supporter
12. But after 3 attempts, I moved into foster care and life got much better. Then I managed to go 39 yrs before my next failed attempts. I guess the law of averages says if I keep trying, sooner or later I will be successful. Hopefully though, I wont be trying again as I am getting help.

ByePolar

Sometime when I was a kid I played with slitting my wrist. (I dunno why -I just remember my mother finding me and took the knife away. That was the total sum of the experience.) Occasionally I try to cut my wrists but the veins are pretty deep. I deal with suicide ideation all the time - that's what landed me in the hospital more than once. I have a fool proof method in the ready but am not at the point. I live alone now so no one will find me.
Hey man. I hope that you don't go through with your plan. I want to talk to you more. You seem interesting. And plus, we want you here. All of us on this site. Please, don't do it.

Lone_Wolf

I was about 12 or 13 the first time I tried but it wasn't close to successful and instead led to me having issues with self harm.
I was actually hospitalized for an almost successful suicide attempt when I was 19. I still have suicidal thoughts every day.

lifetalkz

I was 13 years old the first time I acted out on my thoughts-my attempts got more serious as I got older. I remember almost nothing about the first time-I was so empty inside that it felt like an out-of-body experience, like something metaphysical was happening. I only believed that it was real after everyone talked to me about it later-then I knew that it had really happened and I wasn't having some crazy dream.

Wiltingone

Same age as Lone Wolf, brknsilence, and band bay wasp; seems to be a popular age. I was in therapy and unable to talk about anything. It was also during a difficult month.

IdontMatter111

meh..............just meh
I tried a few times but it was never ever <mod edit - methods>I think I did some damage to internal organs but nothing serious enough to get me into hospital....i didnt want to be found and I didnt want to get told off and riduculed for trying.....it was just another thing I sucked at and failed in.....I just pushed everything so so far down where noone could reach.....

Last edited by a moderator:

GildedFlowers

Blooming Blossoms
Seven years old (7) after I came home to my father who slammed my mother's head on top of the washer and side of the dryer. Long story short, I took a <mod edit - method>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00