How Quickly are you angered

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Anime-Zodiac, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

As the title of this threads reads, on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being angered most quickly and 1 being the least or hardly at all, how quickly are you angered.

2. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

hmm only a scale of 1 to 5, then 5 x10 to the power of 18

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It depends upon the context, but more than usual lately...J

4. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Didn't used to get angry at all towards anyone else, all of it was directed at myself but now all i have to do is go shopping or be in a crowd lol so 3 maybe....

5. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Towards others is zero, I never get angry with people, except when I'm driving. Then it's like a 5, the moment someone does something I consider 'stupid'.

Towards myself, realistically about 3 I guess, but not always.

Anger is an emotion I do not allow myself to feel. It's too dangerous.

Mim

6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

It really depends... some days i can smile like a blissful idiot. others, like last week, i screamed top of my lungs at my cat, for just wanting to play. so yeah :S depends

7. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I come from a family of hotheads so I had always been proud of having a long fuse but these past few years, especially with insomnia, I am usually irritable.

8. Seems_Perfect

Seems_Perfect Well-Known Member

On an anger scale of 1 to 5, I'm about a 2 b/c I don't anger easily. Ignorance and blatant stupidity or carelessness irritates me, but it takes a lot to anger me. When it does happen its usually b/c I'm taking up for someone else b/c they're being bullied or pushed around. I despise people who try to push a smaller, weaker, less fortunate, etc. person around. It shows a lack of honor and integrity, and that angers me b/c its uncalled for.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2011
  9. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I don't really get pissed off at people that aren't directly related to me. It depends of course. My immediate family usually cop most of the shit. But with us, you start to worry when we aren't actually throwing knives at each other...

10. johnsmythe

johnsmythe Well-Known Member

depends on the subject. some topics, im just permanently angry about and they come up constantly, so im angry pretty much all the time.

however, there are other things that couldnt ever make me angry. so on the scale id say 5.

11. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

lately its a 6.

12. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your responses.

For me, in the recent weeks I have gone from a 5 to 3.5

I feel anger is a very dangerous emotion which can lead to devastating results.

13. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

usually i would score 1 but lately i would say at least a 4, just dont even look at me, the other day when i was out on a rare walk guy on bike had the cheek to look at me and i wanted immediately to push him off bike, like "what the hell you looking at!" a friend even remarked today i suddenly got a mean streak...:yay:

14. 41021

41021 Banned Member

not prone to anger unless you hit one of my passion buttons

15. barto

barto Well-Known Member

Truthfully, a 5, but I never show it...

16. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

It depends. For the amount of time it takes to anger me it's around a 0 or 1; I am a timid person but when it comes to people I am closer to, like family, it's closer a 2.5 .
    For the duration/growing intensity it's a 5. When I get angry, I tend to stay angry.

My anger is not a bonfire; it simmers underneath the surface like an ember and takes a long time to disappear. Most often it grows stronger until it gets burned out. I don't show it and I dealt with my anger this way for many years. It is unhealthy; "anger is an coal you hold in your hand - if you don't let go it will hurt you." This is one of my most unhealthiest habits and no doubt has helped cause a lot of my emotional problems.

17. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

depends, seems like I snap more at home than I do at work

My patience level has run away, dont know where it went, but wish it would return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.