How should I react?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Epical Taylz, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

my boyfriend and his friend are in a TON of trouble right now, so much that they had to stay the day in jail.

i dont know how to act about it

they got caught stealing, i knew that it was going to happen eventually, i told my boyfriend countless times that he shouldnt do it because his best friend is a bad influence. of course he did it anyways..

i dont know what to do, he's thinking suicide hes grounded from everything i dont know how i could make the situation any better.

i want to scream at him i want to tell him that i was right and he was wrong but i just can't say that to him when he's thinking like this.

will someone please offer some advice :/...

thank you.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Taylor. I think you should talk some sense into your boyfriend, so that he doesnt do it again. Also you could tell him that if he ever steals again that you will break up with him. You don't want him to get a criminal record, but if he continues he definitely will.

3. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Well, you could say that what he did was stupid and that he shouldn't steal etc but most people turn off their ears when they hear that, especially those who are willing to steal.

So, I think you should say that you will stand by him because he is your boyfriend, and ask (instead of tell) him not to steal again, because he'll end up in worse trouble and lose people's trust. You could also add that he should do what he thinks is right, not what is gainful or what would make him seem cool in his friend's eyes. Although I'm pretty sure he understands perfectly well that he shouldn't steal after sitting in a jail cell all day.

I can understand you being angry at him, but peer pressure/influence is a hard thing to ignore or resist, and stealing is essentially getting something for free, and with no repercussions if you don't get caught. It's also generally not considered a big deal to a young guy (which I'm assuming he is if he is grounded), so he may not take the whole stealing thing as seriously as he should. He probably will when someone steals something he really likes from him.

I'm replying to your post 10 hours after you made it (first time I've been on the forum all day), so you have probably already dealt with this situation already, but I'll still post my reply just so you know your thread got noticed and in case you still need advice.

If you have spoke with him already, how did it go?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Stranger....lol...You should sit down with him when he's not grounded anymore.. Tell him what a dumb idea it was and that it can reflect on him the rest of his life..People just don't like theives..Tell him you will stand beside him and try and help him make the right decisions in the future..Take care!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.