How strong is your addiction???

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by WhyMeWhy, Mar 3, 2008.

?

How strongly addicted are you?

1. Not at all

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Very little

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Medium strength

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Slightly Strong

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Very Strong

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  6. It Rules Over Me

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  7. It Varies(from time to time)

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Do you have control over it.... or does your addiction rule you?

I'm glad to say that (for now anyway) I don't need drugs everyday..... sure I'd like them everyday but there are many days that I go w/ out. And I don't go stalking the streets begging for change like I could. I have a script for 60 Lortab that would take only $2 to fill. I could be out begging for change untill I got it. But that's just not me..... I have more control than anyone thought, huh? I can wait......

2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

My addiction to alcohol is pretty damn strong. I can't seem to let go of it for very long and it's ruining my life. I'm sorry I ever picked up that first drink. But it's too late for being sorry. I have to stop drinking - again - and let it go for good this time before I drink myself to death. I don't want that to be my kids' memory of me, a hopeless alcoholic.

3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

you'll be in my thoughts hun. :hug:

4. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

You are so sweet, and I have confidence that you can quit. Don't be hard on yourself if it takes you a while. Drinking a few times a week is better than drinking every day. Drinking once a week is even better. Once every two weeks is great. Set short term goals for yourself, and before you know it you'll be drink free. :)

5. Korrode

Korrode New Member

I have a medium strength oxycodone addiction... I rail it at least twice a day most of the time, but I can manage without it for a day or two.

6. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Not long ago it was strong, now i completly lost control...
    Im talking food addiction (binge eating, it is some kind addiction)

7. coder90t

coder90t Active Member

My alcohol addiction is really taking over me. I buy about 100 dollars worth of alcohol at least once a month. Just drinking beer, and opening another can. At least I quit smoking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.