how stupid is this??????????

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by tired of all this, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. next month will be the 20th anniversary of my abuser getting arrested.why am i still haning on to this after 20 f**king years? it's not getting me anywhere.nowhere! except into the loony bin.i'm not trying to make fun of anybody,i'm a mental health patient too.does anybody have any suggestions? i know i'll never get over it,but maybe one of these days i can work through it.
  2. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

its not stupid. It takes some people their whole lifes to finally drop the burden. you are not alone in this, dont forget that.

Have you been getting support in dealing with the feelings and how you still havent got past it?

If you ever want to PM and chat, im always around

3. Stick

Stick Member

I am assuming that you have PTSD because of your statement. You NEVER get over PTSD. There is no cure for it, but with therapy, medication and dealing with your trauma you can maintain yourself pretty well.

In order to really get better you have to talk about the trauma in full detail. How you felt at the time, how you felt right after. Really get back and remember the emotions. Write it all down, over and over and then re-read everything over and over. It's basically desensitizing yourself to the trauma, and the emotions.

Stuffing things or pushing it away doesn't work. I know. I have PTSD. Sucks but it's what i am left with......
  4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It's not stupid at all. Some people take there entire lives to over come past experiences, some people don't overcome them and for others it takes a shorter amount of time. As long as you keep on fighting and wanting to overcome this then no matter what happens, at least you gave it your best shot.
  5. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

U don't get over abuse, you learn to I guess deal with it and accept the past so that you can live your future not in the shadows on the past.

are you receiving counselling of any form..if not, you might find it helps to talk to someone, someone who can help you deal with the past, the present and look to the future..therapy should be 1/3 past, 1/3 present and 1/3 future this will then hopefully give you the tools to be happy and content in life, and at peace with urself x

if you ever need to talk, please feel free to contact me x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.