• Both the IOS/ Apple Iphone/ Ipad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recive a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resoiurces area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

How to accept weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlelucy

I hate my weight and I hate my body. I'm starting to feel like I don't "have what it takes" to change it, so I should just accept it. :mad:

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi lucy :) Would you like to tell us more, are you overweight obese or? I'm sure we could help you. I'm currently trying to lose weight too, I know how hard it is and the toll it takes on the mind.

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I weigh about 130 and I',m 5' 4" and I'm 25.
I could be wrong but isn't that about normal weight? I remember being 130 many years ago and that was ideal. Do you suffer from an eating disorder or just want to lose the odd few pounds?

Innocent Forever

Go as long as you can. And then take another step.
Chat Pro
SF Supporter
:) How'd you know why I don't go.
The question is whether you're wanting something healthy, whether the view of yourself is correct or not. I wouldn't know the answer. I know my own body perception probably isn't the greatest.

Kira

Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I weigh about 130 and I',m 5' 4" and I'm 25.
I'm pretty sure that if you saw a nutritionist (regardless if you can afford it or not) they would tell you that you are in a healthy weight range. A nutritionist isn't going to help you become overly skinny. It's all about a healthy balance.

As you said that you can't afford a nutritionist, I'm sure there are multiple sites on the Internet that could help you lower your BMI. And it's free! Bonus!

littlelucy

I'm pretty sure that if you saw a nutritionist (regardless if you can afford it or not) they would tell you that you are in a healthy weight range. A nutritionist isn't going to help you become overly skinny. It's all about a healthy balance.

As you said that you can't afford a nutritionist, I'm sure there are multiple sites on the Internet that could help you lower your BMI. And it's free! Bonus!
Thanks for the obv.

BMI isn't a great measure, try to figure out your body fat percentage. With more muscle you could weigh more but look smaller and vice versa. You seem at a fine weight but I'm not gonna tell you to stay any way you aren't comfortable. I'm technically at a "healthy weight" but I'm also trying to lose body fat. Lifting weights might make you nervous but it actually helps a lot and won't make you bulky unless you start some steroids. Body weight exercises too. Losing weight without gaining muscle at this size requires so much restriction and takes so long it will get overwhelming. Muscle will up your metabolism making it less frustrating. Also take into account your frame size. A large frame won't look as good at 18 BMI as a small frame.

You can totally do it. Just do it in a healthy way and it'll last. Be sure you don't get obsessed. I'm sure everyone is nervous you're an ED risk because you're a healthy size. But really there's nothing wrong with wanting to look different as long as you don't hurt yourself. Best of luck

Lynne1974

Wow. Someone here has an attitude problem. So sorry you can't reach your anorexic dreams, littlelucy. If you have to be rude, why reply? Or even ask for advice? And I don't even want to know what you think of people who aren't skinny, or people who are overweight.

Lynne1974

Supportive of rude and inappropriate comments??

I do agree that this forum should be used for support.

I'm simply saying that respect and politeness go a long way. No one here is obligated to support anyone who cannot respect basic forum rules.

If I spoke out of turn, I'm sure I'll be contacted by a moderator/staff.

Like you say, everyone deserves respect and consideration. Treat others as you would have them treat yourself. I dislike rude and inappropriate comments as much as the next person, but I believe that where there is the hammer, is also the scalpel. My opinion, but it is up to the individual on how they write.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$480.00
Goal
$255.00