1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to accept weight?

Discussion in 'Appearance and Body Image' started by littlelucy, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlelucy

littlelucy Well-Known Member

I hate my weight and I hate my body. I'm starting to feel like I don't "have what it takes" to change it, so I should just accept it. :mad:

2. dtc

dtc at least that's what I keep telling myself!

I listened to this yesterday, it's done in a comedic way but makes some really good points. Be aware though that Nikki does go into some pretty heavy territory in regard to her eating disorder so if that's likely to cause you concern then give it a miss.

https://omny.fm/shows/story-club/1-01-nikki-britton-juliet

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Flying Fox and Deety like this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi lucy :) Would you like to tell us more, are you overweight obese or? I'm sure we could help you. I'm currently trying to lose weight too, I know how hard it is and the toll it takes on the mind.

4. littlelucy

I weigh about 130 and I',m 5' 4" and I'm 25.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I could be wrong but isn't that about normal weight? I remember being 130 many years ago and that was ideal. Do you suffer from an eating disorder or just want to lose the odd few pounds?

6. littlelucy

No, I just want to be skinny. I like my BMI to be about 18

7. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step. Chat Pro SF Supporter

Why don't you go to a nutritionist?

8. littlelucy

Because I'm not rich??

9. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step. Chat Pro SF Supporter

:) How'd you know why I don't go.
    The question is whether you're wanting something healthy, whether the view of yourself is correct or not. I wouldn't know the answer. I know my own body perception probably isn't the greatest.

10. littlelucy

Well you clearly have more money than I do because that's not why I don't go.

11. Kira

Kira SF Gelfling Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm pretty sure that if you saw a nutritionist (regardless if you can afford it or not) they would tell you that you are in a healthy weight range. A nutritionist isn't going to help you become overly skinny. It's all about a healthy balance.

As you said that you can't afford a nutritionist, I'm sure there are multiple sites on the Internet that could help you lower your BMI. And it's free! Bonus!

Flying Fox and Petal like this.
  12. littlelucy

Thanks for the obv.

13. Kira

Kira SF Gelfling Staff Alumni SF Supporter

We're all just trying to help you. If you don't want any advice then please just let us know in the future.

Flying Fox likes this.
  14. Coleslaw124

Coleslaw124 Active Member

BMI isn't a great measure, try to figure out your body fat percentage. With more muscle you could weigh more but look smaller and vice versa. You seem at a fine weight but I'm not gonna tell you to stay any way you aren't comfortable. I'm technically at a "healthy weight" but I'm also trying to lose body fat. Lifting weights might make you nervous but it actually helps a lot and won't make you bulky unless you start some steroids. Body weight exercises too. Losing weight without gaining muscle at this size requires so much restriction and takes so long it will get overwhelming. Muscle will up your metabolism making it less frustrating. Also take into account your frame size. A large frame won't look as good at 18 BMI as a small frame.

You can totally do it. Just do it in a healthy way and it'll last. Be sure you don't get obsessed. I'm sure everyone is nervous you're an ED risk because you're a healthy size. But really there's nothing wrong with wanting to look different as long as you don't hurt yourself. Best of luck

Flying Fox likes this.
  15. Coleslaw124

See, it makes a big difference

Attached Files:

16. Coleslaw124

See, you could even weigh more and look better. Sorry, didn't know how to add more than one.

Attached Files:

17. Lynne1974

Lynne1974 Well-Known Member

Wow. Someone here has an attitude problem. So sorry you can't reach your anorexic dreams, littlelucy. If you have to be rude, why reply? Or even ask for advice? And I don't even want to know what you think of people who aren't skinny, or people who are overweight.

18. Flying Fox

Flying Fox SF Supporter

This forum is here to offer support, regardless.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  19. Lynne1974

Lynne1974 Well-Known Member

Supportive of rude and inappropriate comments??

I do agree that this forum should be used for support.

I'm simply saying that respect and politeness go a long way. No one here is obligated to support anyone who cannot respect basic forum rules.

If I spoke out of turn, I'm sure I'll be contacted by a moderator/staff.

20. Flying Fox

Flying Fox SF Supporter

Like you say, everyone deserves respect and consideration. Treat others as you would have them treat yourself. I dislike rude and inappropriate comments as much as the next person, but I believe that where there is the hammer, is also the scalpel. My opinion, but it is up to the individual on how they write.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.