How to ask for help

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Bee, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bee

Bee Active Member

I need help and I know I do. I found myself researching methods last night, ik dumb... My boyfriend is the only one I have right now, my family has abandoned me and my friends (if u can call them that) are only there when its connivent. I am going to talk to him tonight. He already knows I'm depressed and has saved me before when I attempted suicide. But I'm so scared if I tell him in feeling this again that he'll abandon me to leaving me with no one. How do you tell someone you love that you want to die?

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

If he didn't leave you, but rather helped you last time, why should he leave now?
    I know that fear... but it's not rational. He seems to be a keeper, and he seems to care!

When I struggle and have to tell my boyfriend I always make sure to tell him that I don't want to leave him... he has some abandoment issues like I do... and it's true as well. I might sometimes want to die, but I don't want to leave him.

Asking for help, is always better than suffering, and he will know that! Please allow yourself to be helped!

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I am sorry yoy are suffering so much. I think talking to your boyfriend tonight is a great idea, he just might be what you need to feel better. Maybe together ye can build a life worth living. Don't worry, a lot of us found this site while searching for methods, please know you are not alone in this! (hugs)

4. Bee

Bee Active Member

Thank you guys trying to find the words

5. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hi Bee, I have to agree with Phantom and Petal, you're boyfriend sounds like a good man. Be honest with him about what you're feeling and why. I believe he'll stand by you. You WILL get through this my sister, I know right now your world appears to be collapsing, but it's all fixable. Slow and steady keep moving forward. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for peace.
    Brian

Bee likes this.
  6. Bee

Bee Active Member

I know I will power through it just have to find the will most of it is just venting and getting great support from people on here that have been where im at

Brian777 likes this.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It sounds like your boyfriend is supportive, so I think you should tell him how you are feeling. I know it is hard when people abandon you, and you fear it will happen again, but not everyone will leave. I hope that things will improve for you soon.

Bee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.