How To Be Happy.

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by booklovr, Feb 15, 2016.

1. booklovr

booklovr Well-Known Member

Its a big question...especially here.
    But don't worry I have the answer....

Its not sucess.its not hard work.its not fame , money fortune.
    It is not even food.
    Not books.not music.not distraction nit motivation.

The answer is choice.
    you can choose to be happy.
    Wherever U are whatever is happening its your choice...u don't need any condition but only will.
    U can be sad in the midst of riches and lap of love.
    U can be happy if ur homeless hungry and alone.
    It your choice.if someone has cancer.they can worry..cry or they can choose to go beyond there circumstances and choose happiness.

Here's a small piece

Don't break the window
    Just wipe the pane clear,
    What u seek outside
    Is right beside u in here
    Happiness can't be chased
    She's a swift footed prey
    Look within and you'll find
    She's never been away.

So happiness is not in things or circumstances its inside you.
    You can choose to be happy.

2. booklovr

I want to hear instances of how you looked at the brighter side..embraced optimism and chose happiness for the better.

Example
    I saw some of the scars on my wrist fading.
    That means im healing! Getting stronger!
    That means my grief is inching away and soon it will go away completely!

Williamstuckinarut likes this.
  3. Williamstuckinarut

Williamstuckinarut Well-Known Member

Today is pretty tough but I wouldn't be heading in the right direction if it wasn't for the desire to pursue a life dream of mine: one day my bicycle and I will leave for a very long journey. I am building my mind and body towards the start of my trip.

booklovr likes this.
  4. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

To be happy is to show pleasure or more importantly contentment. This contentment is in our daily circumstances and in our material things. True contentment lives and breathes through all of the disappointments, trials and tribulations we face. Contentment is not an inherent attribute, it must be learned.

booklovr likes this.
  5. booklovr

Excellenty put huw...only its not to show pleasure.its to choose pleasure.its the choice to be content.satisfied with all you have and no regrets to what you don't.

6. booklovr

Oh will
    its a wonderful dream.
    It'll be beautiful when you put it in action.
    Good luck!=)

Williamstuckinarut likes this.
  7. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

The problem with this school of thought is it assumes the ability to choose. If a man is in deep water and can't swim then the choice of swimming is not available for him. The place of deep blackness allows no choice in the matter. Asking someone to choose to be happy is like telling them to pull themselves together and cheer up.
    I saw a lady on a bench in town yesterday. The look on her face prompted me to say ''cheer up, it might never happen'', but then I realised that, whatever it was, it had already happened, so I shut up.