how to become a hippi

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by shub11, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shub11

shub11 Banned Member

Hi all after much deliberation I have decided to become a hippi -can anyone guide me on this

2. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Drop out, tune in, trip out, feel the vibes, groove, love, peace, no war, man-give away all of your possessions, get some love beads to wear, and flowers in your hair, take any drug you can find-LSD, mescaline, peyote, weed, be anti war, find like minded people to associate with in a commune, live off handouts, be sexually promiscuous(free love), rip your jeans up, burn your bra, demonstrate against anything, drive a VW bus or school bus painted with flowers, rainbows, and peace signs, play the tambourine, harmonica, or guitar, go to Canada to avoid the draft, which no longer exists anyway, let your hair grow, dumpster dive for clothes and food, say 'Groovy, Peace, and Love' a lot, flash the peace sign at passing cars, paint peace signs, rainbows and hearts on your face, burn the American flag(not recommended!), don't work or pay taxes, listen to Bob Dylan, live off the land in your commune, adopt a nature name like Soleil, Moon, Tree, Butterfly, etc. Second and third generation hippies live in Topanga Canyon, Taos and Ojai if you're really serious. They are shadows of the real thing. The feeling is not there, just the external trappings. You can still buy hippie trappings like earrings and ethnic clothes in thrift shops or new in Ventura. Dangly earrings and ethnic jewelry are a must as are long skirts paired with tank tops, boots, and jeans jackets with something painted on the back like a peace sign, rainbow, heart, American flag. Read beat poetry, burn incense, put psychedelic art on the walls, lounge around on pillows in your digs, burn candles, drape Xmas lights and beads from your walls and paint the walls red, purple, yellow, green and orange, march in anti war demonstrations, stand on street corners to be gawked at and get your message across, hang ethnic things on your walls or posters, listen to ethnic music like sitar music, wear tie dye clothing, paint butterflies on your jeans, hang out with Buddhists and chant 'Hare Krishna', say 'World Peace' a lot, go on a spiritual quest to Tibet or India.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  3. red ribbons

Continued as I got cut off-Go vegan and organic, read New Age magazines, nude sunbathe, go to Big Sur, paint stars and moons on your ceiling, refer to your digs as a pad, wear patchwork, shawls, and mini skirts with boots, quit shaving any part of your body, braid your hair, find a guru,write poetry and anti war songs, commune with nature, spout out about love a lot. Wear handkerchiefs around your head or scarves. Wear shades. Go bra less. I've lost my train of thought since I got cut off. This is not all I had written

4. shub11

shub11 Banned Member

what abt money where will i get it to survive

5. vir

vir Well-Known Member

Sell tie-died t-shirts by the side of the road? Or if that's not your thing, grow and sell weed. You can get seeds mail order from europe.

6. red ribbons

A lot of hippies had rich parents and dropped out of society, others sold jewelry they made, grew their own food so they wouldn't be dependent on anyone, lived in a tent way out in he middle of nowhere, a lot of hippies were artistic and painted pictures to sell, clothes to sell, some made furniture to sell, others just begged for money. Some sold flowers on the street corner. In the communes they lived in, they grew their own food-everybody helped with the chores.

7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Move to Nimbin Australia.

8. shub11

shub11 Banned Member

Sala hippi ban na bhi itnaa mushkil hai (Being a hipppie is difficult then being a s/w engineer :( )

9. red ribbons

Well, you have to be a free spirit and roll with whatever comes your way:) There isn't much structure:) I would do it in a heartbeat if I knew I would survive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.