• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Practical Advice How to bring myself to do something

Atiniir

There are so many things I want to do, read these manga series I have, play a video game I have, etc. But I can't seem to bring myself to just do it, its not a question of money or time, I own the manga I want to read and the game I want to play, and I have plenty of time. But for some reason even though I want to do it, I just can't do it.

Lux

you should see me in a crown
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I have to schedule myself in stuff otherwise I will just waste the days away sometimes. Don't overwhelm yourself with loads of things, start with one first - but say to yourself - "right, today at (insert time here), I'm gonna start reading one of my Mangas" (or whatever it is you wanted to do first). Gradually, I think you should find that you'll want to move on to the next etc because it's just fun :)

There are so many things I want to do, read these manga series I have, play a video game I have, etc. But I can't seem to bring myself to just do it, its not a question of money or time, I own the manga I want to read and the game I want to play, and I have plenty of time. But for some reason even though I want to do it, I just can't do it.
Put one the manga in bathroom and read a little while doing your business.
Leave the in the kitchen. When you do it.
Start with small steps.
Best wishes

Nick

☆☆Still Ducking Fantastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I'm with @Lux on this one. Even if it's something I want to or something I really enjoy doing sometimes I have to force myself to do it. I have to plan or set a time or I'll just sit there and do nothing all day.

Atiniir

I have to schedule myself in stuff otherwise I will just waste the days away sometimes. Don't overwhelm yourself with loads of things, start with one first - but say to yourself - "right, today at (insert time here), I'm gonna start reading one of my Mangas" (or whatever it is you wanted to do first). Gradually, I think you should find that you'll want to move on to the next etc because it's just fun :)
I'll give it a try, thanks!

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
ADMIN
I have been known to schedule unpleasant things into a day so that I make sure I also do the stuff I enjoy. I guess it’s a bit of reverse psychology. I dunno*dunno2

Lane

SF Supporter
I know this may sound crazy, but I set a timer for things. 15 minutes. They sell them at the dollar store. It's amazing how fast 15 mins goes

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I'm in the same boat here. I *want* to accomplish things instead of sitting around doing nothing but then...................... another day passes.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00