How to care about people?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ceaseless_echoes, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceaseless_echoes

ceaseless_echoes New Member

I'm a closet shut in with very severe social anxiety. In the past I used to relieve my loneliness by talking to people on message boards. Now I can't connect to anyone.. If I post something, I read the replies, and lose interest in my words and theirs. When reading threads, very rarely one will move me to feel something. But if I try to reply it seems impossible. My words are always unfeeling, heavy, and dead. I'm not yet a complete misanthrope... I long for company, for the feeling mutual understanding. But I can't seem to bring myself to care anymore... I find most people so inane and boring, and I find myself dull and repetitive. Most of the time I don't even try, because why bother pouring out your shitty mind to others and being bored by theirs? I probably come off like a total conceited prick in this post, but I'd rather be honest than try and ingratiate myself. These problems consume my existence. If someone has any ideas for a solution other than killing myself, please feel free to share it.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Are you replying to posts or topics that are meaningful or interesting to you or choosing to reply to ones that seem easiest to reply to or that require little thought as being "simple easy answer" ? Same with posting new threads- are the actually things that are heartfelt or that you are passionate about or are you choosing "safe" things easy to write about or share?

If your communications are always bland safe and un-passionate topics then it would be very easy to lose interest or get bored and with social anxiety (by btw is it social anxiety like anxiety and panic diagnosed and treated or extreme shyness?) it is easy to imagine you try to stick to safe simple things. Trying to push through the safe easy to things that have heartfelt meaning to you may help. Another possibility is simply depression where a classic symptom is loss of interest in most or all things, which is also easily treated for the vast majority.

3. ceaseless_echoes

ceaseless_echoes New Member

Social anxiety diagnosed, as well as major depressive disorder. Unresponsive to treatment. Been in mental health system over a decade. I don't think I'm responding to simple or easy topics. I do take care not to make myself too emotionally vulnerable though, because I've been burned in the past. I feel like a tightly closed book, and I feel unresponsive when others open themselves up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.