how to completely change your personality

Unbroken

I'm a shy introverted slow witted unfunny quiet goofy with no sarcasm person.
But i wanna be a funny quick witted funny loud and talkative sarcastic person.
is it possible to change your personality completely?

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
You can't change your true personality. You can learn about your personality, you can improve some traits, accept and learn to make a strength out of them. The alternative is acting, but not changing personalities completely.

For example, I am extremely quiet irl, it literally annoyed all people close to me, so I needed to improve in that and thanks to therapy I learned to talk more. I'm not talkative, but if the topic suits me and I'm in a good mood, I can be.
I am quite shy and introverted, but it allows me to be very observant, to listen and to understand people well. I also learned that I was happier with my 3-4 best friends playing board games and drinking coffee, rather than meeting a big group of people and having superficial conversations because I can't focus.
Being loud is annoying so don't be lol
About being funny, I guess you could try taking things less seriously in general, laugh at others who are funny, but don't force jokes yourself because if it's not natural it can come off as really fake and heavy.

Accept your personality, your flaws and qualities, and learn to appreciate them. You'll feel much better yourself and other people will like you more as well, the good people, believe me. It will show up eventually if you try being someone else.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I'm not sure you can reinvent your personality. A personality is ingrained in you. That doesn't mean you can't work on improving certain skills. You might always be shy, but you can learn to be more comfortable in social situation. You can learn work through the fear of talking to people. The fear might always be there. I know some rather charismatic people who are shy. They don't naturally have that energy or the desire to converse. They learned to stem that fear or desire to hide.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Like others said you can’t change your personality but you can improve certain skills. Have you thought about Toastmasters? Or improv classes? Both of those might be helpful to make you feel more comfortable in social situations, or more quick witted. Also, really the most important part is just accepting yourself as you are. People are drawn to people who are comfortable in their own skin.

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm not sure completely, maybe with enough work it is possible. I spent years trying to be funny and quick witted all the time. I just wanted to be like other people around me but it was actually causing me problems as half the time I was saying things that people were taking the wrong way. I was trying to force being funny and it led to a lot of bad situations. I found an answer as to why I might be introverted and slower to understand things. Only thing I would say different between us is I am quite sarcastic around those who know me best. Other than that I realised my personality is a bit more quiet and introverted than most people and once I did this I was really quite okay with it. It doesn't stop me from being who I am or what I enjoy and I suffer a lot less anxiety in social situations because I came to terms with my personality. My personalitt also doesn't stop me from being around people or from doing most things. If you can come to terms with who you are, it's much easier then trying to change your personality altogether.

Unbroken

You can't change your true personality. You can learn about your personality, you can improve some traits, accept and learn to make a strength out of them. The alternative is acting, but not changing personalities completely.

For example, I am extremely quiet irl, it literally annoyed all people close to me, so I needed to improve in that and thanks to therapy I learned to talk more. I'm not talkative, but if the topic suits me and I'm in a good mood, I can be.
I am quite shy and introverted, but it allows me to be very observant, to listen and to understand people well. I also learned that I was happier with my 3-4 best friends playing board games and drinking coffee, rather than meeting a big group of people and having superficial conversations because I can't focus.
Being loud is annoying so don't be lol
About being funny, I guess you could try taking things less seriously in general, laugh at others who are funny, but don't force jokes yourself because if it's not natural it can come off as really fake and heavy.

Accept your personality, your flaws and qualities, and learn to appreciate them. You'll feel much better yourself and other people will like you more as well, the good people, believe me. It will show up eventually if you try being someone else.
Thanks for your time.
I think it's kinda impossible to change it too
But I think I can make an alterego (with exactly different personality traits)for myself and live with it when I'm in social situations. I tried this when I was 13 to 16.i had alot of attention from others everyone liked me.
But I couldn't keep it anymore it was getting too hard for me to maintain a fake personality because the fact that if they know your true self they would lost their interest in you.but at least it was better than now.
I'm not quiet with people who are close to me but I'm very very very quiet when I'm in a group of people who are not close to me and that makes me so nervous and they always make a comment about me being so quiet it just makes me more nervous.
I laugh at others I'm not so serious but I can't make jokes that's my main problem (except some dirty jokes and I can't tell them almost anywhere especially as a girl ).
Unfortunately I can't talk about light things I only can talk about serious things.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00