How to Cope with Suicide Ideation?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sparky42, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparky42

Sparky42 Member

Hi all,

Please help me understand my suicidal thoughts. I've been obsessively fantasizing about attempting suicide almost daily. But in my fantasy I always survive the attempt.

Have any of you had similar thoughts? Does this sound like a subconscious cry for help?

I don't necessarily want to die right now, but the idea of suicide is mildly tempting sometimes.

How can I cope with these thoughts? :sad:

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi sparky and welcome to SF. They are just thoughts. Don't let them take over your mind. Replace those thoughts with better thoughts. :hug:

3. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

I fantasize about my suicide as well. I don't survive in my fantasies though.

4. Sparky42

Sparky42 Member

Thanks Dave. I'm trying to push the thoughts out of my head.

5. topper

topper Well-Known Member

Talking, or typing it out, with others is the best, first step you can take. My emotions are wildly scattered recently but this forum has given me some sense of hope and stability in just the past couple days. I try to hold on to the hope that things can get better.

I'm thankful we are able to connect via the Internet. There are folks out there without a home who have nothing. I have a lot to be thankful for.

6. Sparky42

Sparky42 Member

Thanks. I joined this board because I needed a place to share my emotions. I'm afraid to bring it up with family.

7. BornAgain

BornAgain Well-Known Member

I would say praying and meditating, asking yourself to block those thoughts.

Also, if you can remember your dreams, you can modify them, give it a try, then you can stop yourself in the dream (I don't mean to open a discussion about dream modification or impossibility of).

I will pray for your dreams to be more pleasant and that the mildly tempting idea goes away for good. :)

8. luka

luka Active Member

dont be scared to bring it up wiht your family, they love you no matter what and their views and perspectives of you arnt going to change, they care about you the most, one constent thing in your life will always be family, friends come and go but family...thats for life =]

to answer your qeustion, its ok for people to have these thoughts, dont limit your brain and mind, imagination si the ebst thing

some people have thoughts about death jsut to think about what people will be when their dead, you are just curious, and its ok :)

thas all ive got so far lol

update us please

-luka

9. -Im.z2ight-

-Im.z2ight- Member

My thoughts about suicide end a little different then yours. I see nothing after I kill myself. Like you expect to think about the people around you but I can't picture them any different.

Sort of like my death wouldn't faze anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.