How to Cope......?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the highs so high but the lows are so fucking LOW. I feel like tiny things have built up all week (which a normal person would be able to cope with) and now the last straw....boom....I can’t stop crying, I feel like there is no point in life. I feel like there’s always a niggle in the back of my mind that I’m trying to fight asking me what is the point in living. Then when something happens or times get too much, the voice gets louder and harder to give a reason to. Sometimes I think it would be best if I didn’t wake up......is that selfish? People always say we only get one life so make the most of it, but no one ever tells you it’s ok to feel like you don’t want to live or no one tells you how to get through the tough times or how to cope with the lows. People (not on this site) make you feel like you’re a freak for having these feelings and thoughts, which makes me more down. Is there anyone out there that feels the same? Am I a weirdo/selfish for feeling like this?

Paul1234

If u have very high highs or u feel like ur moods are out of ur control take a look at bipolar. Some of that stuff is out of ur control & going to a doctor to get a diagnosis may be the best thing for ur life.

It’s difficult because I don’t have this day in day out but I feel like when things go good and I start to feel like my mood is picking up for a steady length of time, something seems to go wrong and I feel like I plummet back to rock bottom. I don’t ever feel just sad or upset, it’s more extreme. It doesn’t help I take things to heart a lot and I’m such an emotional person, which I’ve come to realise my family and the people where I live are not.

Paul1234

“Extreme” is not good. I would examine why these things that you say happen to you have such a dramatic effect on you. Everybody deals with stuff/hurdles but they cannot allow you to plummet. That is dangerous for you.

Examine both the situations themselves & how to possibly avoid them, & then finding better ways to cope w/ the challenges that present themselves to you (that aren’t avoidable).

I’m glad you are here and you have decided to share. You are not alone and you are not selfish. Your thoughts and feelings are real, they are yours. We all have our own. Have you considered seeing a counselor who can better assess your situation? It’s possible you are experiencing, to some degree, bipolar mood swings, and they could prescribe something for you to balance that out. If that’s the case, there is a chemical imbalance in the brain that can be regulated by meds. You don’t need to go thru this by yourself. There is help available. Have you always been dealing with this or has it come on recently? I hope you are able to find what you need so you can maintain some balance in life. I wish you the best. You are important.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
@Danielle6022 - I agree with @Paul1234. Go see a doctor and get a diagnosis. Even if she/he doesn't see you while you are actually in a high or low, explaining your experiences to the doc can help him or her understand what you're going through. The doctor can tell you if your moods are within the usual ranges or if you need treatment of some kind. I imagine it's very hard emotionally and even physically to be going up and down unexpectedly all the time. I hope you see your doctor and start to feel better soon. Take care. *hug*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00