How to Cope.?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ScarlettBlood, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScarlettBlood

ScarlettBlood Well-Known Member

My parents have been arguing off and on since '05, when I was about 7 or 8/ They've split up and gotten back together twice, but my dad is taking action now.. He told my mom to be out of the house by this weekend, and he just told me he has an "appointment" on Tuesday. And I can not help but tear up a little when I realize that my three-year-old brother will grow up, never knowing his mother. My five-year-old sister may remember a flash of a memory or two, but that's it. I'm fourteen, and I'll have known the whole story. I'm not old enough to get a job, and I can barely handle watching both of my siblings even when my mother is nearby. I feel so helpless, is there anything I can do to try to help my father cope? He's obviously very stressed, and I want to try to help him out. There's not much a fourteen-year-old can do financially-wise so... Any suggestions? Thank you for your time, by the way. :unsure:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun it is not your job to look after your father I know you want to help hun but it is his job to look after you and your sibling This is an adult problem hun so i hope your father can get so supports in place not only for him but for you and your siblings to deal with this seperation again hugs

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am so sorry that your family will be split up like that, but I am even sadder that a child your age feels she has the responsiblity to help your father in that way...you sound so much older than your years...the best suggestion I can make is to make sure you and your siblings are cared for, and to find time to be a child...your father has to want to go for services, but you can tell him you love him and that you are sorrrow about all he is going through...also, do you plan on having a relationship with your mother? That is something you might want to consider talking to her about before the weekend...please PM me if you want to talk about things...big hugs, and I wish I could give them to you IRL

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Dear Ashley,

I am not able to imagine how many difficulties you are going through.. and I hope you can stay strong throughout this. If you should ever need others to talk to and vent to anytime.. or if we can do something, anything to ease your sorrows... please let us know. I hope things get better for you and your family soon.. I am so sorry you are having such a rough time.. and.. well.. keep us posted about how everything goes, okay? Hugs and love from me. :hug:

Alex

5. ScarlettBlood

ScarlettBlood Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate your help through these difficult times. I'll try to keep the information updated, but things are going to be really hectic around my house for weeks, to say the least. My father took me for a drive and told me that my mom bought a one-way ticket to L.A. She's leaving first thing Monday morning, and doesn't plan to tell her children. Shows how *great* my mother is. I know she is still my mother, but I can't help but feel a small amount of anger, maybe even hatred towards her. I don't like feeling like that, but she made times terrible for my family and I.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun it is okay to feel angry and hurt hell anyone would I do hope you can talk to someone a councillor a therapist You hold onto your fathers love now okay Perhaps you can talk to your dad about all of you getting some therapy to help you heal hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.