how to deal with it?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by wheresmysheep, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I am having to see a shrink soon, and i am unsure whether to discuss my history with her or not for the simple reason that i do not want my suicidal/mental state being put down to molestation and 2 rapes.

When i went to the doctor after my od, she asked if i had been through any truama, she used the example of loosing a family member, but i knew what she ment, and i told her no. Now i have been through what others would probably consider truama but i dont want tthat being the definition of me. that is not the reason for me like this.

Also if i do end up discussing it with her will they push me to report the instences? because i do not and will not do that. and i do not want to have that discussion. they happened many years ago, the last was 4 years ago.
    But one was by a family member which i still have to see regularly, and they may find it strange that i still see him, and i cant bare to see the look of doubt in a "proffesionals" eyes.

It makes me feel so worthless and pathetic. And makes me feel like a liar when i'm not.

just
    help please
    stop ignoring my posts :sad:

2. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

I love you so much Emma!! Maybe you should talk about it... I would... I never leave anything out when I am in therapy.. That's what you are there for. And you know You can talk to me about that stuff anytime!!! I love you so very much and I think of you every day!!!

Victoria!

3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

hi emma
    i think that whenever you are seeing a doctor / therapist / shrink that you should be 100% honest with them.
    if they only know part of your history / issues then they can't give you the proper help you need.
    no one will say you are a liar, its their job to listen, to understand and support you.
    they can't make you do anything you want to, and they can't inform the authorities unless they believe you are in danger of hurting yourself. i.e suicide.
    everything you say is confidential so never fear.

although i don't understand how you still see this family member but i do understand that it is complicated, but remember while this part of your past still there you will never move on enough to start to heal.

take care and be strong

andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.