How to deal with loss

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by exkend, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

I've lost my father(best friend, girlfriend, baby, job, and soon home. I'm on antidepressants, seeing a therapist and nothing helps. I honestly don't know how much longer I can go on. I'm pretty sure I'm struggling with prolonged/complicated grief and ptsd. I feel like this has taken everything from my life I'm just a shell. Just to add insult to injury I work with my ex which is torture. I have a plan and have been habituating myself to follow through with it. I have a friend whose a psychiatrist who worked for the tavestock and there is really no help she can offer. Any advice would be helpful.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You say you lost your job yet you work with your ex hun Can you not move away get a job away from all the pain around you. Try different meds add ons hun there are so many different ones to try and it does take time to find right combination. I am sorry you have loss so much but you can start on a new path one of healing for YOU hun ok take care of YOU now that is all that is important
  3. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

I still have the option to stay at my job and my family needs the money, but I don;t have any qualifications to find a suitable alternative, so I feel stuck. I just want to stop feeling this pain all the time.
  4. foundit

foundit Member

Given what you've been going through I think its no wonder you are feeling so low, thats a heck of a lot of crap that seems to have all happened to you at once. It probably sounds trite, but things will get better. On a more practical front, I have worked for some time in recruitment/HR and if you would like some tips on job searching, transferrable skills, cv prep, interviewing, or whatever else may help you get into a different line of work then you are welcome to pm me with any questions you have. In my experience a lot of the time people who think they have'no other skills' often have a number of skills from their current job which are of significant value to an employer in a field they wish to move into. I'm happy to give you some pointers on that and where to go next. I am also unfortunately - rather blunt and honest, so if you want an honest assessment of your marketability I will be honest with you.
    Anyway please do drop me a line if you would like a hand/advice with job search. The same applies for anyone else out there. Though I am usually only able to spend any amount of time online once a week so if anyone does msg me, please be aware it may be a week before i am able to reply.
  5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Continue with the job, even if you don't think it is going anywhere, and add some night classes at school and work toward learning another trade. You say you lost your baby - can you not have visitation? A father should always remain in their child's life and you have that right. Remember too that as the child grows, it will need you even more. I lost my son, and recently my father as well. We forge forward and instead of focusing on the bad, work on finding solutions long term to improve.
  6. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

\i have no money for courses. My gf had an abortion against my will. I have almost no social support so I feel "thwarted belonginness and perceived burdensomness". I feel rejection to my core and just wish I was dead. i am alone dealing with this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.