1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with the stress of suicidal thoughts?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kalak, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalak

Kalak Member

I thought planning to kill myself next year would calm me down but it didn't (not even with a no-suicide contract).

Going to therapy calms me down, but in the weekends it gets really bad.

My stomach hurts and often when I eat, drink or smoke I get the feeling I need to vomit, all from the stress.

Nothing I do can distract me from the stress. Music, family, reading, walking, smoking, trying to sleep...

Friday I cut myself a little for the first time and it helped a bit (not that it made me feel good).

Saturday I tried it again but it hurt too much despite making smaller cuts, so I'm not inclined to try it again.

The only other thing I could think of is to get really drunk and take a walk along the river. But I have a weak stomach. And not enough energy to go to the supermarket or nightshop.

I don't know what to do anymore.

What do you do to relieve stress?
    Are there medications for it?

Please help.

2. no point

no point Well-Known Member

I usually go online when I feel really suicidal. It calms me to read other people's posts and realize that there are people like me. I think it's really good that you decided on not cutting. It might make you feel better when you do it but afterwards, you feel really bad about doing it; plus it leaves scars. I don't know if I've been of any help. I guess I've just been rambling.

hope you feel better soon.

3. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. I'm in the same boat right now.

When I feel like I can't handle anything anymore, I usually go and take a nice long relaxing bath, and mull everything over in my mind.
    Then, I make some chamomile tea (it really DOES help), and sit down with a good book or crossword puzzle.

But that's just me. You can try what I've said if you like, it might help! I wish you a lot of luck!

PM if you want to talk!

4. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

play poker, smoke, go for walks (i cant wait for summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

The doctors?

They can do a lot for anxiety and stress.

Do you know what is stressing you out? Would it help to talk about it here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.