How to deal with the stress of suicidal thoughts?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kalak, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalak

Kalak Member

I thought planning to kill myself next year would calm me down but it didn't (not even with a no-suicide contract).

Going to therapy calms me down, but in the weekends it gets really bad.

My stomach hurts and often when I eat, drink or smoke I get the feeling I need to vomit, all from the stress.

Nothing I do can distract me from the stress. Music, family, reading, walking, smoking, trying to sleep...

Friday I cut myself a little for the first time and it helped a bit (not that it made me feel good).

Saturday I tried it again but it hurt too much despite making smaller cuts, so I'm not inclined to try it again.

The only other thing I could think of is to get really drunk and take a walk along the river. But I have a weak stomach. And not enough energy to go to the supermarket or nightshop.

I don't know what to do anymore.

What do you do to relieve stress?
    Are there medications for it?

Please help.
  2. no point

no point Well-Known Member

I usually go online when I feel really suicidal. It calms me to read other people's posts and realize that there are people like me. I think it's really good that you decided on not cutting. It might make you feel better when you do it but afterwards, you feel really bad about doing it; plus it leaves scars. I don't know if I've been of any help. I guess I've just been rambling.

hope you feel better soon.
  3. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. I'm in the same boat right now.

When I feel like I can't handle anything anymore, I usually go and take a nice long relaxing bath, and mull everything over in my mind.
    Then, I make some chamomile tea (it really DOES help), and sit down with a good book or crossword puzzle.

But that's just me. You can try what I've said if you like, it might help! I wish you a lot of luck!

PM if you want to talk!
  4. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

play poker, smoke, go for walks (i cant wait for summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

The doctors?

They can do a lot for anxiety and stress.

Do you know what is stressing you out? Would it help to talk about it here?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.