How to Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyJP

I'm Andy and I'm 21 years old and dealing with depression and regular thoughts of suicide. My entire life has been a waste and I don't see a future for myself. I've never had a real friend, only acquaintances that came and went. I sleep all the time and I don't go outside the house anymore. I no longer know what fun feels like, everything appears to be a distraction that is ultimately pointless, I can't enjoy anything. I get emotionally attached to people too easily, without me even knowing I'm doing it, and it always scares them away.

I've been to several different counselors and psychiatrists, and I've been through all kinds of anti-depressants in the past 8 years and I've never really seen any difference. I've spoken to a lot of people, all of which try to push me to take part in more activities, I just don't see how I can have the drive to do any of these things when I barely want to live.

My only dream is to one day have a family. More than anything I want to be a father. My broken family and my own troubles with the opposite sex have severely squashed that dream, though. I feel like I am closer to the edge than I have ever been and I don't know what to do anymore. I don't think I can swallow my pain and keep going on this time, I just know that I have to do something soon.

jane doe

hey first of all, welcome. you are young you can be a father. if the profesionals that you´ve seen didn´t work keep trying because if you try to look for help is because you want to be happy. don´t swallow your pain, we are here so you can let it all out. take care hun and remember you can pm me at anytime if you need.

lymeinside

I'm Andy and I'm 21 years old and dealing with depression and regular thoughts of suicide. My entire life has been a waste and I don't see a future for myself. I've never had a real friend, only acquaintances that came and went. I sleep all the time and I don't go outside the house anymore. I no longer know what fun feels like, everything appears to be a distraction that is ultimately pointless, I can't enjoy anything. I get emotionally attached to people too easily, without me even knowing I'm doing it, and it always scares them away.

I've been to several different counselors and psychiatrists, and I've been through all kinds of anti-depressants in the past 8 years and I've never really seen any difference. I've spoken to a lot of people, all of which try to push me to take part in more activities, I just don't see how I can have the drive to do any of these things when I barely want to live.

My only dream is to one day have a family. More than anything I want to be a father. My broken family and my own troubles with the opposite sex have severely squashed that dream, though. I feel like I am closer to the edge than I have ever been and I don't know what to do anymore. I don't think I can swallow my pain and keep going on this time, I just know that I have to do something soon.
Wow, dude, I can relate to a lot of that. The only difference is that I've had no kind of professional help. Maybe I need that.

My dream is also to have a family one day. I crave that so much. It is the only thing I have keeping me alive. I think that getting married to a great woman and starting a family would be the greatest thing in the world. I would truly be happy if I could accomplish that...

Stylez

I want to make a change in the world and i realize now i have to do this with actions instead of just talking shit.

andy i hear you and theres a lot of people are going to say the same things....but i for me ill just recommend a book called "dont sweat the small stuff... and its all small stuff" by richard carlson

its a good read and it puts things really in perspective. I feel just the way you sometimes so reading that book can help.

but i know also know the feeling of reading a book that at first seems profound but afterwords you forget about it.

so i guess the best advice i can give you is to see my original post on this site and how now i am diferent in the positive. I wish the mods can make that post into a sticky.

again mods sorry for the comment in the chat room that will never happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00