How to Face This New Year

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

It seems to me that problems, issues, depression, all of that and more will still be with us this year. Hopefully not everyday, and hopefully not every person.

There are people here that are in more pain than others. And one person who is feeling great today, may be feeling poorly tomorrow and vice versa.

I believe that our best days are ahead of us.

I truly believe that.

We have to let go of yesterday. 2009 is over. You can't change the past, so why let it haunt you.

Whatever mistakes you made, whatever relationship problems you had, whatever attempts at death you made. Regardless of your financial situation, health issues, legal issues, whatever the case may be. You need to let all of that go. Just let it go.

No since in worrying about what happened in the past. It is what it was.

The future. Now there is something we can affect. Just by the attitude we take, as we face the challenges of each day.

We have a saying in AA, to take it day by day.

Sometimes hour by hour.

Also I am not going to get preachy on you, but if you have lost your faith, or if you have never known God, I would welcome you to try and rediscover Him.

Couldnt hurt.

Anyway..whatever happens this year, you can be sure that this forum will be here, and all of us we be here to offer hugs, encouragement and support for all those who need it.

2. Siouxbabe

Siouxbabe New Member

My question is religious. Will I go to Hell if I do it?

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I can't answer that question. No one can say for sure. Probably. NDE's suggest people who commit suicide suffer a seperation from love and the light of God upon their entrance into the afterlife.

Kind of sounds like Hell to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.