How to find a Community in TX ???

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Oak, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oak

    Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

    A friend of mine has an addiction to self harming and has accepted the idea to go to a community to get off this ongoing harming and be helped for mental issues.

    I am asking you all to help me find a community in Texas where he resides.

    Please post here or contact me via PM. Thank you all for your collaboration.

  2. WildCherry

    WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

    I'm assuming, when you say a community, that you mean people he can meet with in person?

    To be honest, I don't know hwo many of those are out there. He may want to go to a psychologist or therapist and see if they can point him in the direction of group counseling.

    I run a forum for people who self-harm, and he's more than welcome to join. But for the most part, we don't do meets in-person because our members are scattered all over the world.
  3. Mikeintx

    Mikeintx Well-Known Member

    Where in texas is he? If in the northern dallas area he can contact: Also the University of North Texas has an excellent counseling center(one of the best in the US) so he could check that out also.
  4. Oak

    Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

    A community is a farm type place where pple with addictions of all kind go to and live in full time wile receiving cure and counselling. It's a living place. I have contacted one in Austin but they havent got back to me so I am wondering... perhaps they havent got place for additional pple.

    Anyone has idea where nd how to find such residential place for full time followup-cure-counselling in San Fransico or Austin?

    My friend has a long history of mental issues, drug addiction and self harming so a lot of work and TLC needed to help my friend back on the road of recovery and well being.
  5. Oak

    Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

    Thank you WildCherry but what my friend needs is physical - face to face professional help at the point reached.

    For community it is a residencial type setting where 'patients' live in for a certain amount of time receiving daily meeting with psi and counsellors and is managed mostly by gov. agencies' approved and run by psi and consellors themselves.

    If you can give me a hand in finding such type settings in usa (tx) that would be great.

    Thanks in advance and bless your heart xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.