How to find out if I have siblings somewhere?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Oak, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

This question is for Uk forumers. A mother that died when the only child was five and raised by the father. FAther didnt have siblings but somehow we would like to know how to go about finding out if the mother has relatives still alive. How to go about it?

Any suggestion can be posted here or pm me.

Thank you all for your attention

granny

2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

to be honest Granny i have no idea.
    maybe its something to do with the family tree so the full name of the person would help and there must be some kind of official records online to browse.

3. Cath

Cath Staff Alumni

4. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

thanks for the link, i'll check it out

5. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Granny. There is probably some government department that can help with this but I'm not sure which one. I know such information was kept at a place called Somerset House in London. Don't know if that's still the case. I will look into it for you and see what I can come up with. In the meantime if you type FIND FAMILY MEMBERS into any search engine it should come up with several places where you may be able to find help. If you need any help from over here you know you only have to ask and I will do whatever I can. Love and hugs. Chat soon I hope.

6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I don't have the answer to your question hun. But i wish you the best of luck in your search .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.