how to forget?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ezak, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezak

Ezak Member

i've been cutting for a year now but i don't do it regurally. it's more like once-a-month -thing. nowdays i've managed to cut myself even less, but there's always something else, hot stearin from burning candles, a slight overdoses of painkillers sometimes with alcohol. there are times when i cover mental pain with physical because it's too much for me. my problem is that anything negative can be the trigger: a sad memory, a little joke from my brother, anything. i don't know why those things affect me so much more, why can't i remember the happy moments? when i'm alone, it's always the sad things which appear to my mind. i just want to forget all those things.

2. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I really relate to the things you talk about. I don't know the answers but talking about it with a therapist can be helpful.

I wish there was a way to select memories to forget. I have found forgetting makes it come back with force.

warm regards

3. Ezak

Ezak Member

no use of a theraphist. i have been forced to meet a family therephist years ago when my parents divorced. nowdays i fear them, i want to never go back again. besides, i'm going abroad in six months. wish to leave averything behind and forget it all within the year i'm away.

4. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

aw im sorry to hear this... i too struggle with hurting myself to get rid of emotional pain....its really hard to forget stuff that has happened so i cant help there but if you need to talk im here :)

5. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

I can relate to what your saying so much. I can't remember happy moments when I'm by myself, either. I think it's because of my depression, or maybe I'm just hardwired like that. Whatever it is, I know how you feel.

It's a once-a-month-thing for me too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.