how to get blood out of clothes

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by rosky71, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rosky71

rosky71 Well-Known Member

so i cut yesterday and this was by far my worst one yet i went so deep, and it bled for almost 6 hours or so. but now my boxers are coverd in dried up blood and idk how to remove it so my mom wont see the blood. any ideas
  2. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I've washed out some blood with just a hot wash... but if they're covered then maybe throw them away? Also.... might want to get the cut looked at if it bled that much :(
  3. rosky71

if i get it looked at then the doctors eould know and tell my mom and i cant have her find out i do any of the things i do
  4. xan

xan Chat Buddy

You could tell the doctors it was an accident?
  5. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

To remove blood soak it in cold water, it'll open the fibers. I'm the queen of staining anything & everything w/ anything & everything unfortunately.
  6. rosky71

i thought about that but i was worried that if they see the other scars right above it they would think something
  7. triggs

triggs Account Closed

yeh i'd say just throw them away
    if you're sure you've taken care of the cut properly then it's okay
    but the best thing to do is get it checked out by the doctor
    you could make up an excuse if you needed to hun :hug:
    hope things get better soon xx
  8. rosky71

thank you all ill try to wash it myself if not ill throw them away and thanks for caring
  9. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Keep an eye on the cut as well, make sure to change the bandages (use sterile ones) and keep it clean/ don't aggrivate it's healing.
  10. rosky71

i will but i never use band aids whenever i cut. i always just left it there i mean its on my thigh so no one ever saw it anyway
  11. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

if you go to the doctor to get your cut checked, you could tell them that a cat scratched you.
    i've done that before, they really don't suspect anything. you could say that the cat was outside and it was a little kitty with a tag, you went to pick it up to get a phone number and the cat got scared and scratched you.
    i've done it, and cats have more than one nail and that would explain for the scars above it.

hope everything's okay :hug:
  12. kurenai

kurenai Well-Known Member

You poor thing. You need to clean your wounds and cover them if you don't want them infected, esp. if it bled for 6 hours, that could be dangerous. I find that blood comes out completely, even when dried if you use hydrogen peroxide (big brown bottle at the drug store). Good luck!
  13. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Hey Rosky71
    It's probs best to just wrap the boxers up in a plastic bag and throw them away. If not in the bin in your house, throw them out into a street bin.
    Also if you go to the Doctors, they aren't allowed to tell your parents. Doctor - Patient confidentiality.
    If you really feel uncomfortable with that however, get some sort of antiseptic solution like Savlon and some cotton balls, dilute it in a little hot water and clean the cut then but band aids over it and bandage it. Do this maybe once a day or so for 4 - 5 days until you can see it noticably healing. From there just lightly bandage it (allow it to breathe. It needs air to heal). Just keep an eye on it.
  14. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Has the cut scabbed up yet? Make sure you wear loose clothing so that you don’t aggravate it. And keep it clean and disinfected with TCP or something

Bleach gets out blood, but only if your boxers are white, if not, a t-spoon or so of biological washing powered in luke warm water and a good long soak will do the trick!! Soaking diet coke also gets out blood. Chuck them away if your mum wont notice them missing-its probably not worth the hassle.

Hope you are safe.

15. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

clean your wounds, and get them looked at if you can, but i understand if you cant because i've been in the same boat before too. doctor patient confidentiality depends on where you live and how old you are, because in some cases it only extends so far, so you have to be careful with that.

to get bloodstains out -- ideally you should clean them while the blood's still wet because it's a LOT less work imo, but if it's all dried up you'd want to soak whatever it is in cold water first because it makes it easier to get it out. but if there's loads of blood, then just chuck them. wait til you get to school or somewhere where your folks arent going to be.

16. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

It depends on how old you are and what country you're in, but in some states all you have to legally do is promise not to do it again and they can’t tell anyone. In the uk parents can be informed if the child is under the age of 16, but these things are usually at the doctor’s discretion so it doesn’t mean that they will definitely tell you’re parents if you go to get help. Your best bet is probably a walk in centre where you don’t have to declare your identity.
  17. rosky71

thank you all for caring and helping, you guys are all really nice and im glad i found this place and you all are so welcoming because in a time like this your all i got and i thank each and every one of you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.