• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

how to get help or to be diagnosed???

Not open for further replies.


Well-Known Member
i rote on here before about my story but lately i really keep wantin to die i havent been diagnosed as i am too scared to go to a doctor and see if there is anything wrong and im also worried incase my family finds out if i go to see some one does any1 no what i can do how i can find out if i have a problem and if my parents need to know i am 16 but im sure they would tell my parents anyway ???


Hello :) as i have said on another post going through the teenage years sucks for most of us......It was hell for me and im sure many others.Depression was one of those things i dealt with alot.To a degree its normal when "going through those changes" but it would still be wise maybe to see the school counselor to start.


Well-Known Member
I don't know how it works in England, but in the US schools are required to have a school counselor. If yours doesn't have one, try asking your GP. He can point you in the right direction. Again, I'm sorry I'm not familiar with how things work over there, but here a person has the same rights with mental health as physical. They can't tell your parents unless you're in danger of hurting yourself or someone else.

BeenThere is right... 16 is a difficult age. You're going through so many changes and it's normal to feel messed up. I don't know if there's anything going on with you on top of that. A good rule of thumb is that if it's interfering in your life, that's when it's time to start looking for help. Sounds like that's where you are.

I would guess that your family would want to know you're in pain. I'm sure they love you and want you to get help.

If you want to talk, you can reach me in PM or on msn. I'm here for you hun.
dont mean to hijack this thread but i was wonderin how to get help to. got kicked out of school so i cant visit a counsellor there. how would u go about arrangin to talk to a doctor
Every hospital has a psych floor just walk in the hospital and ask which floor it's on. Then tell them that you are feeling bad and would like to get councelling, but can't afford it. they have day hospital programs where you go everyday for group therapy. You will also get numbers for treatment which you can call on your own, so that you can get help. This is a normal thing a lot of poeple need help, and asking for it is the first step to recovery.

good luck.
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount