How to get help?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Feared.Desire, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

I've read a lot of other threads talking about help and so on, but how does one actually go about getting the help? I don't know who to go to, to actually get the help.

I've been classified as 'depressed' since grade 6, and its only gotten worse. In late grade 8 I was getting 'help' and diagnosed as sever depression, and suicidal tendencies. And still, its only continued getting worse. Two nights ago I considered killing myself again, (I already tried once, luckily my throat closed up and I just ended up vomiting for hours. My parents didn't notice, they were out, and still don't know.) I don't really want to die, because I know it would . . . displease others. I know things won't last long at this pace, but at the same time, I don't want help, I just need it.

There's only one person who really knows about any of this, and even so, I haven't told either of them about recent thoughts, in fear they'll get worried, or... really, I'm not sure why I won't tell her.

My parents have no clue, I s'pose I hide it well, and I blame my random/strange, unpredictable sleep patterns on growth, and my eating, I'm not sure, they just think I don't eat a lot. The only times I really see them is for meals anyways. Neither, do I plan on telling them. Both my sisters are doing very well (in university and so on), and always have been. They were my mothers children, and now after the divorce, my father is taking care of me. I, realistically, have a great life. As far as everything goes, I should be one of the happiest children out there, but I'm not, which disturbs me even further. So, I feel as though my sisters would look down on me, and what not if they found out. I don't think they'd handle it well.

I tried going to my doctor before, who said she didn't think there was a problem. But then again, my doctor is useless, I didn't expect much more. I did, however, convince her to give me a therapists information. I tried going to him, and never told my father what it was for. I think he just thought it was school problems, for it was about this time I was losing a lot of my friends over my drug addiction, which he also has no clue about. The therapist didn't make me feel any better, in fact, a lot of the time he made me feel like an idiot. I stopped going to him shortly after I began, and I saw a few others, but none seriously because I didn't find any of it helped.

I've tried taking my friends prescriptions, but that only worked for a short time, thanks to the ... substances - Prozac is now useless.

Clearly, in some fashion or another, I need help in some way. Any ideas on how would be greatly appreciated.
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

The only way to really get help is through a professional. Is there someone you can go to besides your regular doctor? Maybe see if you can find a therapist that you can connect with. They may suggest you go to someone for meds, but not necessarily. Look toward someone you can trust to help you with a support system. If that means using us, great. That is something we are god at. Let us know what you decide to do and what the results are. I know i would like to see you feeling better. :hug:
  3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

community health or youth centre, school counsellor, doctor, yellow pages, depends on age/country.
  4. Barbados

Barbados Well-Known Member

I want to go somewhere, where my Mum or mates will never find out. Is there such a thing in UK?
  5. Feared.Desire

I'm kind of hoping my trusted friend (well, the one that lives in the same city as me) does it for me. I can't bring myself even close to talking to anyone about it, so I need someone to do it for me, and shes the only one who knows in the city. But I dont want to ask her directly...
    Im not sure how to go about doing this...
    Any suggestions?
  6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Does she have the contact info for your family? If so, I would say something like "I really wish my family knew about this because I think they could really help...I just don't want to be the one to tell them." Maybe this would work?
  7. weirdal

weirdal Forum Buddy

hey feared desire i am in 10th grade and have similiar problems to you, if you want to chat feel free to add me on msn

or jus pm me on here an we can talk in forum privatley

8. Feared.Desire

I added you. Talk to you soon I s'pose :)

Actually, your on right now ... So Im talking to you right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.