How to get into a sleep routine?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Petal, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi guys, I need your help. I know a lot of people here have sleep issues etc.. how do you manage to stay in a sleep pattern? I did manage to sleep last night, my alarm clock did not wake me and missed work. I'd say I eventually fell asleep at 3-4am, with the help of sedatives,sleeping pills and watching a boring programme. I would love to be able to sleep at 9pm and get up at maybe 7 or 8. Help please, before I lose my volunteering job!! I actually love volunteering.. they've been supportive when I have been ill and kept my position for me, so I would like some help please?
  2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

headphones in until I start to drift, sometimes if I am worrying about something I keep a notepad and pen next to the bed scribble it down, most times I wake up and it is just scribbles but it helps take the thoughts of my mind, I try to get of the internet an hour before I plan to settle and read if I can focus that long, I avoid any sort of sugar or caffinee after 5pm now to make sure it doesnt add to it not much help sorry just random things I do.
  3. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

For me it helped to turn off every electronical device in my room during the last holidays. No phone, no mp3-player, no electrical light (or candles, it's neccessary not to have light after it gets dark), no internet, and no clock. That way I didn't know what time it was and I also didn't have a chance to do much in the evening after the sun set. After a week, I had a constant sleep-rhythm. Then I turned the stuff back on and for months I've kept that rhythm in. Until I had to learn for school again xD Hope that sounds like an idea to you, have no better advice sadly :/
  4. islandification

islandification Well-Known Member

If all else fails maybe you can find a volunteer job that has a night shift, like a hospital perhaps.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thanks everyone :) Had a great sleep last night. It's weird I am tired in the morning and hyper by night...I will try what you guys have suggested thanks. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.