How to get over an ex or stop thinking about them??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by JeffNY, Oct 25, 2011.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Member

I try so hard to stop thinking of her, I removed her from my phone, buddy lists, etc. I'm trying to stay as busy as possible but there's those times i'll just be driving and hear a song and i'm like FUCK

i'll be walking the street and see a reminder of her or be laying in bed thinking about another man hugging her or sleeping with her and it drives me absolutely insane.

I keep talking to other girls or female friends of mine but it's like none of them trigger anything at all to me what this girl did. I am constantly wondering what she is doing or anything at all. It's driving me so nuts and it hurts even more when I am laying in bed consumed by nothing but my thoughts
  2. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I've been down this road and all I can say is that it takes time.

What probably made the biggest difference to me, was to completely shut down any and all communication. Don't stalk her FB (block if you can) don't even really leave any 'options' of communications open. 'Cause honestly, if you see her or talk to her, it's almost like starting over. You're much better off just separating and doing your own thing. Hang with people (who won't talk about her), pursue some hobbies, and just keep your mind on other things.

And dude, a few months down the line (maybe longer, kinda depends) you'll be alright with it, and you'll be happy with who you are now that you walked away from that situation.
  3. Tea_at_Four

Tea_at_Four Staff Alumni

You've started off well by cutting contact, and Will is right about that being a good way to start fresh. Then the best thing is time, and to build new memories minus your ex. Pick up with things you like to do that maybe you'd put aside. Keep meeting new people who share your interests, and just hang out and talk... and if you have a great conversation--bonus!
  4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Every time I hear the name of my ex it's like a knife. The only thing you can do is convince yourself that you're being strong and stay away.
  5. Gregor

Gregor Active Member

I have a similar problem but I don't know if I can bring myself to cut off contact. What if she changes her mind one day? What if she misses me and feels bad she has hurt me and wants to apologize?