How to get rif of scars?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hurted, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Yeah, i know... they will remain forever... but is there anything to make them less visible? something to cover them? Is it too late if scars are 1 month old or if the wound is still open?
    Thanks for answers:)

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

There's a huge sticky about that at the top of this forum.

They probably won't be there forever if they aren't deep.

And no, it's not too late if they are only one month old, it is too early if the wound is still open.

-_-

3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

ok, thanks for help:)

Just one more thing... do you know average price for this *cant remember correct english word lol*?

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Not sure how we're meant to tell the average price of something we don't know ourselves. If you can't figure out the English word then post the word in the language you know of and I'll try to figure out what it is nearest to (if I can). You could also type it into google and find out a price that way.

5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

that thing to cover scars... you know, you put it on the scars... like that one that woman use for face lol... hope that you get me know... :)

6. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Do you mean bio oil? I don't think it's used on the face as a cosmetic but is the most popular way to reduce scars. Here in the UK you can get different sizes of bottles but a 125ml bottle cost me roughly £10 (GBP, helpful if you want to convert from one currency to another).

Edit: If you mean concealer (that's a cosmetic) then it depends on the brand, it varies from a few pound to pretty expensive.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008
  7. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

ok, thanks for help:)

8. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I know going back a few decades they used to use Nivea in hospitals on burns patients as promoted healing and also reduces scars. This is going back about 50 yrs and there have been many more things on market since then so dont know if it as good as other things out there. But it is pretty cheap and smells nice 2!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.