How to get to sleep when feeling traumatised?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by shamps, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Im so not used to this sleeping alone lark.......im so tired but I cant sleep.And the few winks I do get I wake and for a few seconds I still think we are together,you can imagine my heartache when I realise that hes gone.I want to sleep but cant and when I do im afraid to wake....................

2. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I'm an insomniac, so I know how hard it just to sleep. :/ I usually have to take something to help me sleep, or else I'd just lay in bed for hours on end.

If you can't sleep, maybe it's best to hold it off and do something else until you're a little more tired?

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

When I'm in shock and cannot sleep I curl up in a blanket in a chair and watch old movies. I usually end up sleeping because I'm not feeling the emptiness of being in the bed by myself. I've found the first 3 or 4 days are the hardest, but when the sleeplessness comes back, the chair and old movies can help. :hug:

4. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Im struggling to watch certain things and listen to certain music at the moment,everything is just so raw.Ive had two hours sleep and I feel like a zombie,feel like im in somebody elses home,like im a squatter just walking round looking at spaces where his stuff used to be.Everythings just so raw for me

5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Now may be a good time to re-arrange the house and do some deep cleaning. It'll help burn off some of the restlessness you are feeling.

My girlfriends and I call that therapy for things in life that are so overpowering and strike us deep in our soul.

Please keep us posted about how you are doing. :hug:

6. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

well im going to be busy doing that soon anyway as we rented this place together,hes now gone and the landlord has decided to sell so ive got about a month to find somewhere else and then move out,this is why im finding it so hard,its not just a breakup everythings come at once and its a total upheaval.apart from my job my entire lifes changed in just a few days.
    thankyou so very much for your kind words,means alot x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.