How to have more energy?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ima.robot, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Ive been trying to help myself lately, problem is even when I wake up I barely have any energy to get stuff done that I need to do. Ive eating healthy this week(been eating my veggies and drinking lots of water) and it helps a bit but still having troubles so im thinking I must be deficient in some sort of vitamin or maybe its just pure depression that is causing this lack of energy. Does anyone have any suggestions? Right now the only thing I can think of is to get blood work to see if im low in some sort or nutrient.
  2. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

Depression can, indeed sap all of your energy, feeling lifeless, and tired all the time. Maybe do some exercise. It will give out some chemicals that will make you feel energetic. Maybe find something you're really interested with, it will give you energy too.

I don't know any other methods about how to have more energy, but I hope that help.
  3. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Yeah exercise is a good idea. Used to do sports tons to cope with life until injurys threw me into a big depression. But for now I will try to get out and bike more or swim I can do those things. Just need to get over anxiety of going to a pool by myself.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Go for a check up with your doc ok get your blood levels checked iron get your thyroid levels checked as well many things if out of whack can cause fatique best to get a medical check up to rule out possibilities
  5. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

Good at least you can do those things :)
    Can you do anything about your anxiety? Maybe something to motivate/convince yourself that everything will be ok....
  6. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Yeah I agree Totaleclipse to get bloodwork done. Then at least I will know for sure if thats the problem or not. As for the anxiety about going swimming by myself, its usually not too bad if I feel like im looking decent. I think a haircut would give me a boost of confidence to go. For some reason whenever I let my hair grow too long for me I start avoiding going out unless I have a hat on lol.

Thanks for taking the time guys :)
  7. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Everyone's pretty right on with what they're saying. Also, though, if you're not taking a good multi-vitamin every day, you might want to start. Even when you are eating right, it does not hurt. You don't have to buy the most expensive, but don't get the bottom of the line one either. Get something that packs a lot of vitamin for the money a get it in a good quality store (i.e., don't get something like this in Walmart). Then follow the other advice as well. :)
  8. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Yeah now that you mention it I think thats a good idea. Ive been taking omega-3 for brain health but never tried a multi vitamin for more than a few days before but that wouldnt make any difference I wouldnt think. Like you said it cant hurt so anything is worth a try right now. Thanks for the idea!
  9. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I'd consider waiting until bloodwork is done before taking a multi-vitamin though. You could be high in one area where taking any extra would make it worse.

(for example - I had high iron levels - so I had to reduce my iron rich foods and alcohol intake to balance - had I taken a multi-vitamin I could have made things worse for my body had blood tests not been done first.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.