How to keep your mind off Suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SamSus47, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamSus47

SamSus47 New Member

Well guys I need more activities to keep my mind off of life. Right now all I do is Read books and play video games. What else can I do?

I don't like writing, drawing, crafting, or watching TV or movies and I'm to depressed to go out and exercise I did it for a week and I'm burned out.

So name all the idea's you have for me thanks.

2. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Take a short drive or bus ride into the countryside and enjoy the beauty that is Kentucky.

Go places like theater, museum, church, art galleries...

Take a class at the community college - can be done online.

Call the hospital and see if they need you to volunteer.

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Go to the coffee shop on here :tongue:

:hug:

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Try getting a puppy, I know it sounds crazy. Someone told me to do that a while back so I went out and got a Jack Russle. Boy you want to see a bundle of energy get a Jack Russle. At first I kept asking my self what the hell have I done? After about a month of working with him I grew attached and now he is my companion. You see I don't have friends and I have know one to talk to(except now that I am on the forum I have met a lot of nice people). He somehow knows when i'm feeling down I will be just lying in bed staring at the ceiling wishing I was dead already. He comes up on the bed and pushes my arm out of the way with his nose then he cuddles right up there with me!! So I made the right decision. My only concern is if I decide to commit will my sister take care of him. He is attached to her also..So by now you are pulling your hair out reading this long ass post..Take Care!!:chopper:!!

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I love bikeriding. For me, it really helps me to clear my thoughts and get some much needed exercise. I love riding along the paths and trails near my home.

6. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

get a kitty!! It's really nice to wake up too...

Meowwwwwwwwww!!

7. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I take long aimless bicycle rides. Sometimes it can make me more depressed with incidents of motorist harassment :mad: or hearing "Yo, white boy" when riding through Black or Hispanic neighborhoods :nerves:.

I also do handiwork for friends/family which burns off nervous energy and makes me happy to have been helpful.

I like to wander, preferably with a friend, through a nature preserve. It is invigorating to be surrounded by trees and fields and spying all sorts of amazing critters. Maybe I'll get a camera someday.

8. Austere Night

Austere Night Well-Known Member

The only thing that ever worked for me was fiddling with my computer. I really like computer science and it gives me some engrossing pastime things like building a computer or some such.

What are you interested in?

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello, I think you should try things that require your concentration such as cooking, painting or even try online bingo or poker :tongue: I got a pet recently, that sometimes keep my mind from thinking about suicide, I wish you well :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.