How to Kill God

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

He says he loves you, but if you don't follow his instructions, he'll send you to eternal Hell to roast forever and ever. Who needs this prick.

Here's whacha do. Accept Jesus with all your heart. Give high fives out to the Saints and a hallelujah to Mary, too. Pray every day. Attend church, sin a gog, what have you, twice a week.

Pretty soon, God will appear to you. He'll say Hey, nice job you're doin. At which time you slash his face with a bowie knife and stab him in the jugular.

Now you won't have to worry about anything when you die. The big bully is dead.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

What god are you praying to?
    Sounds more like Satan than God. Don't go on what the Bible says God is. It's 80% bullshit I'd say. Find out what God is yourself. You might be surprised.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

iloveyou, I'm not saying this because I want to challenge you or don't believe you etc. But I want to know, how did you come to experience God? In another thread you said you could know yourself and know God, and although I found that hard to believe I found no reason not to believe what you were saying was true. (Believe me I have experienced things which friends have told me never to repeat to anyone else... so I haven't, and so I guess I don't mind if you don't respond)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I guess it is just an inner knowing in my heart. My experience has been only that so far. I haven't seen the light. I haven't had visions. I just have the feeling in my heart that things are not what they seem, and there is an answer to all questions, and the answer is God which is love. And not human love which turns to hate and goes back and forth. Unconditional love. I believe all paths lead back to God though, even the left hand path of materialism, indulgence, etc. can only lead back there, because with God is our home. We are always being drawn back home :hug:

5. Ziggy

My mind is full of shit, it's only my heart that I can trust. :smile:

6. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Pit made good points. To add to what he said, I would include the fact that God can Not save so many zillions of innocent people who die in hurricanes and earthquakes. Omnipotently powerful as God is, how come he cannot save all those innocents?

Mainly,I have problems with Christianity because on the one hand, they assert that the only way to Heaven is via Christ. And then in the same breath they say that newborn babies who die at birth go to Heaven. A blatant contradiction because those babies were not Christian when they died, yet they still went to Heaven.

The only way I can make sense out of those contradictions is to conclude that much of what is written in the Bible is allegorical. Parables meant to teach lessons just like Aesop's fables. Seen in that light, they begin to make sense.

7. Ziggy

I don't get why people have a problem with Christianity. I don't believe in Hinduism, but I've never really had a problem with it.

8. Winslow

Well, to explain, I would say the problem is that Christians (specifically the Fundamentalists) are more dogmatic than other religions, that is, they assert unequivocally that theirs is the only way. On the other hand, you don't see that same assertion made by, e.g., Buddhists.

9. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

nor hindus who believe all paths are equal

10. Ziggy

I suppose if you bump into a lot of fundamentalists who piss you off then fair enough. Don't tend to get many of them round these parts so I guess I'm lucky. :biggrin:

11. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

I had a similar perspective about God when I was stuck in the hell hole last time but later I realized that God is not threatening us. He is telling us that the path we are headling leads to eternal damnation and the only way he can saves us from hell is to acknowledge and accept that his Only(symbolizes most precious) son, Jesus, died for us to save us from our sins and thus eternal damnation. Well, God wants us to acknowledge and accept His & His son's sacrifice for us, in order for him to save us and that is nothing wrong with that since he's our creator. But acceptance does not mean you will get a life on Earth that is a bed of roses as he never promised that.
    You are angry with God, yes,, given your circumstances but you should calm down. Perhaps you should go read Phillip Yancy's book titled " Disappointment with God". Everyone gets disappointed with God at some point in their ife when thigns do not go our way. thats us.

12. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

no.
    this is a myth that has been told over and over throughout history. it is not a fact it is a bliefe. 2 diff things.

13. Winslow

Yes, exactly my point, the Hindus are good in that regard, just like the Buddhists. To add to what I said about Fundamentalism, it's not only some Christians but also many Islamics who are also fanatical and single-minded. Remember, Fundamentalism means fanatical single-mindedness. So some Islamics can be just as bad as some Christians in that regard. From my experience, I've seen that fundamentalism in just Islamics and Christians. Are there any others?

Then on the other hand, there are Buddhists and Hinduists who believe that all paths are equal. The bottom line is Respect for Differences.

14. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you're supposed to drive a stake through his heart.

15. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

God hate's The Sin not the Sinner

From what I have been told.

16. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

Bryant opinion on this: That is stupid, because I have no beef with God or Satan. I don't believe either exist. (Hence why I am an atheist) but I do hate what christianity stands for, and I hate christians. It is sad that ppl are suppose to live right under a 'god' and then treat other ppl like shit or are as apathetic as a rock. I rather be an atheist like I am now, then be a christian who treats ppl wrong. God is NOT to blame for you problems, it is other ppl and at times the stuff you did or an unpleasant circumstance that made things terrible. Atheist who are atheist because they 'hate' god, are worse than Christians. But I was a "god-hating Atheist" at one time, then I saw that why hate something that isn't real. The term "athiest" comes from the greek word atheos. Usually if the letter 'a' is in front of a greek word it means "a lack of" or "without", 'theos' means god/gods. So atheos means "without god" and then coined to become atheist. So a REAL atheist believe there is no god.

~Bryant S.

17. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

Careful there Bryant.

A real atheist only has to believe there is no reason to believe in god. Believing that there is no god is a much stronger statement, and requires a whole different set of proof.

You do realize that your logic makes absolutely no sense, right?

He sent his own son, to save us from the sins he either directly or indirectly created, so he won't eternally damn us in a place he directly or indirectly created, because he loves us so much. We know he loves us so much because he sent his own son to save us from the sins he either directly or indirectly created, so.... Repeat as necessary.

18. LastCrusade

Remember, he gave us Freewill to decide on the choices we choose in life. It is us who decided wrongly and when things go wrong we blame god for our wrongdoings / mistakes.

For example there is a forumner, i can't remember who' and she is having an affair with a married man. She knows it's wrong as her conscience tells her so and yet she does it and God's commandment is not to 'covert thy neighbour's wife",. She wonders if God is listening to her prayer but in the first place, she is doing wrong and has already broken one of his commanments of life. So who is to blame? God or her? She would blame God for not understanding but in the first instance, did she bother to think of her selfish actions of coverting her neightbour's husband and thus possibly breaking up people's family and destroying their kids lives? Go Figure. :)

19. LastCrusade

unless you have experienced the blessing of God, you will find it hard to believe. I myself went around telling christians off for many years because I find it so hard to believe in the existence of a loving God when the world is so cruel and unfair. Over time, I realised that this is not his doing but the doing of men who choose to do wrong onto others, although they know deep inside that they are wrong. these are the people who will be held accountable when they die and return back to God. The world is a cruel place where good people suffer and they bad think they get away with it but little do they realize that whatever evil doings that htey dop onto others, there will be payback time, in some way or the other and when payback time comes, they will reflect on their wrongdoings and regret it.

20. LastCrusade

I beg to differ. you have make a generalization on all christians. Not all christians are good and not all christians are bad. Even good christians make mistakes as they are all human and as human, no one is infallible. I think you should know that you have made a sweeping statement over all christians and that is incorrect. All of us make mistakes as non of us is God and only God is perfect. Atheist do make mistakes too as they are humans, don't they? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.