How to let go...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sociallyrejected93, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ive been trying to see the point in life recently, trying to find answers for why I feel the only way out is to end my life.
    I am surviving with the thought of my family finding me, but how do people live on a day to day basis with the burning desire to let go and end it all. Feeling so confused. Is suicide the answer to all my questions feelings and lack of life

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You survive by keeping busy by helping others and you get therapy ok talk to someone you trust Your family will want you to get help they will suffer so much if you leave.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Simply no, it is not the answer to all of your feelings. Therapy and medication is a much better answer and knowing that you CAN get better is even greater! Are you seeing a professional at the moment?

4. ScarlettHurts1990

ScarlettHurts1990 Active Member

I honestly struggle with the same questions and thoughts. I always think that, since we all just die in the end, there is no point. But I haven't always felt this way. I used to have a healthy appreciation of mortality and it seemed to actually give more meaning into my life, although I no longer think that way. I think the same kind of thoughts- why go on? Why waste more time breathing in such a terrible world? But what keeps me alive is the thought that I have not ALWAYS felt hopeless. I am hoping that some day I will again find the same meaning in my life that I had before. I have been seriously suicidal before about 6 years ago and I somehow survived it (was hospitalized and diagnosed with a nice array of disorders). I went off to college and got healthy and happy pretty quickly. During my healthy point, I made a promise to myself that no matter what horrible things happened to me, I was not going to commit suicide. That's easy to say when you feel wonderful and life is going great! I relapsed after graduation and an intensely painful break-up. Every day I think about suicide and killing myself, every second of every day. What keeps me here is knowing that things eventually do get better. I know in my heart that I will not continue to suffer, I know that this is just the current mental state I am in right now and, although it is very unfortunate, I know that I'll get through it just like I did the last time I was sick. Of course when you are severely depressed all of that doesn't matter because you feel like life is meaningless and death is going to happen anyway. My mind is tortured and confused and NOTHING that is currently happening to me is keeping me alive- the ONLY thing that helps me to resist the awful temptation to end my life is the dim hope that this, too, shall pass. that's it and nothing else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.