How to lose weight?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ~Claire, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I overcame an ed a few years back & since then my weight was always ok (ish). Since I met my bf though I have just ballooned :sad:.

It's really getting me down but I think my metabolism is totally screwed & no matter what I just can't lose any weight.

The only thing I can think of is going back to my old ways...which I really don't want to do but sometimes needs must :sad:

Claire xx
  2. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

omg :eek:hmy: im really dealing with the same problem atm. Not really the same, but close to it. I really just overcame my ed, tho i have to admit now, i still throw up from time to time :unsure: With the help of my boyfriend i overcame it, but since that i also gained weight in a short period and since he broke up it only got worser and im actually really active, more than before and i just dont get it. And like you I really dont wanna go back to my old ways, I cant let it take over my life again, I have to many people and animals to take care off, too many obligations. I really understand how youre feeling. What I remember of my relationship is that my ex ate a lot of candy and stuff, so i slowly started to ate that stuff more too, maybe its the same with you?
  3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I think I have fell into the same habits as he has so now I am eating basically the same as him i.e. lots of crap & massive he loves buffet restaurants :yuk:

I still use slimming pills & throw up sometimes too, I guess that will never leave us. But I totally know what you mean about being more active now, I do so much more than what I used to...I just don't get it.:unsure:

My bf tells me that I am fine & that I needed to put on weight but I feel huge, I sooo blame my metabolism lol.
  4. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

maybe you should listen to your boyfriend, believe and trust his words, most people who had an eating disorder still have a wrong selfimage, tho i can really understand you feel like that
  5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

How you view yourself is important. Due to social pressure and what society seems to say about how a girl should be, this can often distort your own perceptions of yourself. Also a person can look normal and have a normal weight but that doesn't always mean that their healthy, the same applies for slim people as well. It's what you eat and how you look after yourself.

If you really not happy with your weight and image then become more active, do
    some sports, etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.