How to make scars fade?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Miu, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miu

Miu Well-Known Member

I have been self harming for 8 years, and as a result my arms look like they've been through the meat cutter several times. But I'm okay with that, I don't remember how it was to have clean scar-free arms, and I can cover them with arm warmers. But a couple of moths ago I was stupid enough to cut on my upper-arms.

So I have some scars that are pink/purple on my upper-arm and I want them to be gone by the summer, anybody knows how I can make them fade fast (or at least faster than they do on their own)?

Any advice would make me very thankful :shelbi:
  2. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

ummm try rubbing some vitamin e on them as sometimes that helps, not really sure other than getting a tattoo to cover them up completely
  3. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

shea butter and lemon helps. and massage.
  4. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

Cocoa Butter and Massage movement.
  5. Miu

Miu Well-Known Member

A couple of people on the chat recommended me bio oil, but when I went to the pharmacy and asked for it the lady behind the counter looked weird at me and asked what it was. And since I don't know exactly what bio oil is the conversation quickly turned awkward and I left the pharmacy empty-handed.

And about cocoa butter; is this what you guys are talking about?
  6. TheOncomingStorm

Bio Oil is an expensive option for scar removal.

Bodyshop - thats probably a really expensive place to get cocoa can get it at supermarkets in a big bottle over here.
  7. Miu

Miu Well-Known Member

Okay, I can try to search after it tomorrow when I'm going grocery shopping. But I can't recall to ever have seen cocoa butter anywhere else than bodyshop.
  8. TheOncomingStorm

Places such as boots and superdrug do it too.
  9. Miu

Miu Well-Known Member

We don't have those stores in Norway.. :/
  10. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I use Bio Oil, as it was recommended to me by a friend. It can be expensive, but certain drugstores (such as Lloyds and Savers in the UK) sell it cheaper than others, and if it's on offer you can get it pretty cheap. It lasts a while too, and I think it works pretty well, certainly better than the general moisturisers and cocoa butter I used before.

Creams with vitamin E in will help, and there are other creams and oils designed specially for scar reduction. Most are also meant to help with things like stretch marks.

11. Miu

Miu Well-Known Member

I've been running around town asking for bio oil, no-one knows what it is. I'm close to giving up.. ;/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.