How to meet new people

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Mightbehere, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Hi well falied to 'come back' into society after getting better, I don't seem to be able to connect with people and meet new friends or women. The class I have take for study has been good but no friends and such to make out of it.

It seems all the girls already have boyfriends and people aren't interested in making new friends these days.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on meeting new people and single women and how can you tell if they are single. I actually put an ad in the newspaper looking for friends to hang out with, with my hobbies listed but the only people that responded where far older then me and weird.

Its really hard for me to try as well because I was sick for so long.
  2. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Hey :smile:

Try looking for local activities in your area. Do you have any hobbies? Anything you'd like to look into? Have a search around the place anyway. Something sporty maybe, or things like painting etc. Doing something you enjoy doing is always a winner when it comes to making friends, as it means you're more comfortable and confident around the people there.

Good luck. And take it a step at a time, don't give up if you don't make friends straight away. As your confidence builds you'll find it more easy, so don't get disheartened.