How to meet people?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by cult logic, Jan 3, 2012.

1. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I'm getting tired of being lonely, but there is just NO gay community in my small rural town.

I've looked for social groups and stuff but found nothing.

How can I go about meeting other gay guys? Tips?

I don't want to find just go find hook ups for sex. I wanna be able to find a relationship, and take it slow and steady. Something real.

2. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

I take it there are no gay bars or clubs near you? I met my Bf online, and all my gay/bi friends. Here in CT the gay community is really active, not that Im a part of that community, too many flamers for my liking -_-. Sadly meeting people is always hard. Good luck though, I hope you find what you are looking for, dont give up hope.

3. davytelford

davytelford Member

where are you based i live in a small town too with one gay pub thats it

4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Is there a city nearby? The larger the city, the more gay people there will be.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi B...I just saw this...maybe there are national newspapers like there are in the US that can connect you to a gay community...is there a university or such near you? They might have a group to contact...also, is there a National Organization that might advise you? Just my thinking...please PM me if you want to brain (what is left of mine!) storm about this

6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I checked out the liberal arts college here but unfortunately there aren't any groups.

7. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Maybe you should start one.