1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to pick yourself up when you fall

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Lexie23, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexie23

Lexie23 Member

Hi Guys,

I find sometimes that when I give in to the hunger, and eat too much, or even 'binge', I find it extremely hard to stop bashing myself up and thinking that "Oh, you've f*cked it now, you might as well give up". When you lose track of what's happening, when you go off-course, how do you guys get back on track?

x Lexie

2. MorningBlues

MorningBlues Member

Hi. I'm not sure if I have the right idea, but it happens to me too. When I promise myself not to eat one day, and I end up losing control and eating LOADS, I feel terrible afterwards... and it's so hard to stop because I just feel the need to keep eating, even if I don't want to. But I guess what gets me through afterwards, is thinking that tomorrow is another day, and I can try again tomorrow. After I have binged, I also guess I just tell myself 'don't eat anymore now. You've had enough.' It does work, as long as you can resist temptation... so I hope that makes sense. xx

3. Lexie23

Lexie23 Member

Yep, that makes perfect sense...you hit the nail on the head perfectly! Thanks xo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.