How to sleep for a week?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Smokescreen, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokescreen

Smokescreen Member

I want to sleep for a week. Is it possible? How can I induce sleep for more than eight hours? I don't want to use this for self-termination, but I would like to use this to lose weight.

How long is it possible to sleep for?
    How long have any of you slept for?
    What works and doesn't work?

Thanks

2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

A long haul flight would probably do the trick. :smile:

3. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

Dunno - I managed 72 hours once. :tongue: Though, it was more like a drug-induced comatose state than actual sleep, but meh.

Don't think it's safe, so I shan't post what I did. I wouldn't suggest it, dehydration and all that stuff... :unsure: I do suggest you look for a different method of weight loss. Starvation isn't typically a good idea, and usually not a successful one. There are dangers associated with rapid weight loss, and issues may arise from the lack of proper nutrients.

Good luck with it, though!

4. The Departed

The Departed Member

Hi smokescreen!

How much do you weigh and how much weight would you like to lose?

I'm overweight and in my opinion the best way to lose weight is to do sports and to try to eat a bit(!) less and to eat stuff that isn't so rich in calories(the latter is more important imo). And drink mostly water! It takes a bit getting used to but in the end you'll save lots of calories that you would normally ingest by drinking other stuff. You don't need to stop eating! It isn't healthy and you probably will eat even more after you haven't eaten for some time which will make you gain weight.

I have an excercise machine at home(a bike) and I excercise 4 times a week for an hour and 15 minutes(2 times 45 minutes), but you don't need to start with 1:15. Try to start with half an hour and extend that as you get in shape. After a a month or so you can also increase the resistance of the excercise machine so you need to use more strength(you'll have more muscles by then, but don't worry, it makes you look thinner anyway, you won't look like a bodybuilder ;) ).
    I lost 8 kilos in a bit more than two months now doing that

5. Smokescreen

Smokescreen Member

8 kilos, how many lbs is that?

I weigh 213 lbs and I just bought a used bowflex, punching bag and gizelle. Hopefully I can get in shape, but my biggest concern is sustained motivation after the first few days.

It seems when I had my gym membership I got out of sync one day, didn't go and then stopped going. I need a way to never forget to exercise regardless of events.

It's hard.

6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

that's a silly idea.
    Sleep for a week to lose weight? bah
    you do realise you'd gain it all back when you woke, if that was even possible to sleep that long.
    you need to change your diet and excersise more, there's no short cut way around it...

7. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

2.2 pounds in a kilo, so about 17.5 pounds.

8. livingdeath

livingdeath Active Member

I highly doubt you can sleep for a week. But I've got good news for you. There is a much better way to lose weight: eat less. No, I'm serious, it really works.

9. neverdie

neverdie Guest

Rule of thumb, to loose weight, excersize every second day, That gives ur body time to heal from over stressing the mussels. It's mussels that burn fat and low fat and cal diet too. Drink lots of water, makes u feel full.

10. 89mike

89mike Active Member

Sit in a cold bath for a few hours. You'll start shiverring, which will eventually cause you too loose weight, I hope :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.