How to start the day ?

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Dewonderland, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Dewonderland

Dewonderland Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

There are a lot of moments where it's hard to go on or hold on.
    Lonely evenings might be one, or luch with everyone but you can't go along with their hapinness...

In those times, it's like there is nothing safe anymore.

But, is it for you like for me, the worst is in the morning.

There is that moment when I open my eyes and there is this great dread flooding into me.
    It's that a feeling of huge distress at that moment I wake up into the world, realising I am here, again, and that I will have to live through the day. And I just don't want to get up.
    It's more like a depression moment than a suicidal moment. It's more like you want to hide that running away.
    At least that's what it is for me.

But the fear ... this morning there was so much anxiety that I felt that if I wake up it would only be to find a way to end all this.

So this is the question : how do you do to wake up ? Or more likely, to get up ... stand up and walkoutside going back into the world ?

I think this morning what helped me to start things was to think that I could start checking here if there was anyone messaging me or answering on a thread.

But I would be glad if you have any tricks you can share because mornings are really tough.
    2 people like this.
  2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Mornings are really bad for me as well. I don't want to wake up to face another day of suffering. When I first wake up, I realize that things haven't changed and that the day will be the same as yesterday. It's so dreadfull.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Mornings are the best part of my day, I will wake, instantly smoke a cigarette, turn on the laptop and TV. It's late at night I hate, I feel alone and sometimes anxious, but mornings are good for me. I take my medication and I'm fine and dandy :)
  4. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

convince your self mentally there s smth to wake up for
    it may feel like lying to self but isn t
  5. Dewonderland

This sounds like a colorful and bright way to start the day ! Do you look like this ? :dancing_flower:

Yesterday I had this old bread that was really to dry to be eadable so I crushed it and put it under my windows.
    This morning there were actually birds eating and singing ... it was really nice.

It actually helped me to wake up.
    Thinking I had more bread left and that I could crush it and give it to the birds.
    It gave me a reason to wake up.

Maybe this could be one trick.
    To have a pet waiting for you to feed him.

Is it easier with a cat or a dog pocking you for food ?
  6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I get up very early - before anybody else in the house. Those first hours when is very quiet, just a dog or the the cat hanging out for company, maybe a cup of fresh coffee...that is a good start to the day. On days I "sleep in" and get up at the same time as everybody it is loud, kids arguing about cereal or or whatever, wife listing 6 things to do during day- it is a very different start. I will gladly sacrifice a little sleep to ease into the day. In a couple months when it will be light out in the early morning is even better because then can listen and watch the birds as well. I like a peaceful and tranquil start to my day.
  7. Dewonderland

I live alone so there is nothing disturbing me.

Though I perfectly understand ... When there is a friend coming for a sleepoover, no matter if I am happy to see them and no matter how much I appriciate them and am able to understand they are good people, in the morning I can't bare having at least thos 30 minutes chen no one talk to me.
    It's just me and myself and the silence.

Birds are definitely a good help too apparently.

I am also waiting for the birghter day. I wake up so early (even when I wake up at the last minute)
  8. sweetles

sweetles Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely. Even on my worst mornings, my cat motivated me to get up and get moving because she had to be fed, her litter box needed to be cleaned, maybe she wanted to sniff around outside for a few,etc. But since she died its a real struggle. My only reason to wake up is to go to work, and I only work so I am not homeless. When I die I want it to be by choice, not because I was stuck outside in the cold too long.

But on non-work days?? Knowing there's nothing ahead but loneliness, silence and suffering?
  9. Dewonderland

Hello Sweetles,

First of all I think you deserve a hug.
    Then what happened to your cat ?
    When I was younger (long time ago) I had a cat, I was so happy. Sadly he only shared our familiy life a few month. He was hit by a car. Some stupid guys had fun making race in our street those days. I hate cars and their crazy drivers.

It's hard to wake up when nothing is waiting for you.
    Maybe you can try to bird up your window like me ?
  10. Davey

Davey New Member

Mornings are tough for me too, first because I rarely sleep very well and secondly because sleep is the one time I can escape the anxiety that rules my life. If I could, I would sleep 24 hours a day, this is my only time that I'm free from anxiety at all.
  11. Starting Over

Starting Over Active Member

If I'm dealing with chronic pain from the night before, I just listen to some music and try to eat a healthy breakfast. When I used to not wake up in pain, I would exercise, which was great for my depression. Mornings are pretty rough for me most days.
  12. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

coffee to auto brew before bed. i wake up most times before my alarm to the smell of the enticing caffeinated beverage. I hesitantly drag myself out of bed hungry for its life-force. and after the massacre of the coffee and about 20 minutes of just sitting staring at nothing hating the world and all who inhabit it, music and shower.:D and then breakfast.
  13. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yes, that sounds incredible! I may need to start waking up in the mornings if I have a routine like this :D
  14. Nitrosum

Nitrosum Member

The evening is the worst for me.

however, in the mornings (sometimes afternoons if I had a bad night) I wake up, lay in bed and think. Then I push myself out of bed and ensure I get dressed (even if I'm not going out). I eat breakfast and think about the day. Then just go with the flow.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have to listen to music for an hour or two after breakfast. Music gives me the motivation and boost I need to jumpstart the day.
  15. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I wake around 9-10am, drink some orange or lucozade - whatever is there. Get my e-cig and take my first pull of the day then I log onto SF and reply to private messages. Brush my teeth. Then it is arguing for the rest of the day with my mom. It is ridiculous and needs to stop, don't get me wrong I love my mum to pieces but she knows my trigger words that set me off :/ SF for the day, call up to a friend, going back to college when my foot is better so it will be completely changed then.
  16. PoshInsomniac

PoshInsomniac Well-Known Member

The first thing I do after I wake up and grudgingly get out of bed is brew myself some coffee and light up a cig. After the pure bliss of enjoying the perfect morning duo I just turn on some music, take a shower and do my regular hygiene oriented routine. I usually skip breakfast, so I spend the rest of my spare time checking my phone and online.

I don't really have a problem with mornings, though, it's the evening that is all screwed up and when it all catches up to me, when I have no obligations nor routines that I can fall into like I usually do during the day.
  17. Rival

Rival Member

Waking up is not difficult at all. It feels like a brief moment of peace. Taking some coffee, using my laptop, giving my dog some food and watching her happiness, all of this sounds like a good moment to me. As the day goes by the deppression comes hard, suicida toughts come in and at night its all about anxiety.
  18. Sasha208

Sasha208 Member

Mornings are easy for me because for the most part, I love my job. Going to work keeps me occupied and my thoughts on other things. Nights are the worst. The loneliness and destructive thoughts are overwhelming once I put down my book and turn off the light.
    2 people like this.
  19. Nikie

Nikie Well-Known Member

I just rely dislike evenings ..cos tommorow morning will be here, I loved to wake up and see the sun rise .. Its the most beautiful time of day but the passed 2 years I really feel like switching the sun of ... Turn around and keep sleeping ..
  20. Purple_Thorn

Purple_Thorn Well-Known Member

Mornings, after my coffee, are the better part of my day. They are when my mind is the clearest and when I am not freaking the hell out of everything. Mornings are when I try and do my "happy jobs," the things that take energy. Stuff like cleaning and vacuuming.
    Nights are hard. Usually during the afternoon I've gone down in mood, energy, motivation, everything. That is when I get into bed and stay there. It takes a lot for me to do anything.