How to stay on the right track

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I have been filling out lots of job applications, but seem to be getting nowhere. Half the places I applied to aren't hiring, and I haven't heard from the rest. The applications can sometimes be complicated, and at times I can't even fill out what is required. Like when I got to the point where it asked for references, I don't really know anyone and can't think of a single person who would vouch for me, so then I got discouraged. I will keep applying for any and all jobs in my area, but it doesn't seem promising so far.

I don't even know if I should go to college first, to have more education for a job, or to get a job first so I can actually afford college. Or maybe work and college at the same time, though that would be a challenge with my anxiety, depression and etc. and might get a bit overwhelming. So how do I find ways to stay motivated and not be too hard on myself when it seems like I just keep going back to square one?

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

You have to think of the end game. If you have your eyes firmly fixed on that, then that is what keeps you focused. Sometimes you will want to jack it all in, and there will many a times where you will want to give up and wonder what the point of it all is. But those days are followed by good days that remind you of why you working towards your goal. What is it you want to achieve? Have you not had any other jobs before ever? Where your ex boss or company worked for (even if it was years ago) can provide you with a reference? Maybe if you have never had a job before then going to college would be a good idea because then you will have at least one reference. Here in the UK if we are struggling for references we can use teachers from school to act as a referee also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.