How to stop it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dyno, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyno

Dyno Member

this is my first post here, and probably my last.

i dont know how to go about getting help for how i feel, i've felt depressed and suicidal for 4-5 years now but i've just lived with it and never told anyone or acted differently, i cant go to the doctors or talk to anyone because everyone in my life will think of me differently and i dont want that, but its getting harder and harder to go on feeling this way.
  2. breath

breath Guest

The longer we hide our feels from others the worse they'll grow untill that because a problem in itself. It's scary too think of telling others and letting other know how you feel, but is this fear one of the major contributors to making you feel down? People won't act differently or badly because they find out you have depression, their view of you won't change, and you could go and try and find help. The longer we hide our feels from others the worse they'll grow untill that because a problem in itself.
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

But if you commit suicide they are going to think of you and themselves differently. You have taken a good step forward by coming here. Everyone here is dealing with some sort of issue and it makes for a great place to seek help. And it is easy to talk here because there are no faces or bodies to deal with. Just a lot of really good ppl who want to have the chance to help others like you. Stay and post your feelings and thoughts and let us help you. Maybe we can help you find the strength you need to take the next step to get professional help. Hang on and welcome to SF.
  4. Dyno

Dyno Member

the thing is i dont wanna kill myself, if i wanted to i know i woulda done it but sometimes it just seems the best way to handle my current situation, if iwas to do it i'd just make it seem like i ran away no one would be the wiser. i cant talk to anyone about my problems thats why it sucks for me i've tried but ppl just think i'm making jokes or whatever. maybe i will stick around here for a bit see what happens
  5. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

why dont you give it a try here? i mean talk about your problems or what bothers you? none knows you and none here will judge or think of you differently.... we are all on the same boat.

try it ...... nothing to loose and might just help you if you share your load

granny x
  6. aqaq22

aqaq22 Well-Known Member

Like you, no one knew for the longest time. I recieved treatment and medical care for a few family never even knew yet. There was a time that evenutally did come, however, when I needed help from family, and needed to let my closest and most trusted family member(s) know. :eek:hmy:

At first, I only told the ones (2) that I needed...and I knew would never use it against me. That's been 25 years ago. They haven't to this day, to my knowledge.

One thing about this does "illuminate" other people's character and integrity (or the lack thereof).

I know of one family member who used it against me behind my back in the business world. I do not love him any more or less because of this, but I do know more about his character though...

fwiw...most people don't really care one way or another. Most people have more to worry about in their own lives than whether I'm a depressive or not.:smile::smile:
  7. aqaq22

aqaq22 Well-Known Member

OH!! And the one who used it against me? He recently called me asking for help. Seems he found his daughter cutting and didn't know where to turn.

Good luck Dyno..
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2007
  8. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Hi Dyno how are you?I have a couple thing's to suggest to you the first is please you MUST go and see a Dr asap and please do this.Stuff what people will think of you,going on each day like this is hell I know what state you're in and you have to see someone now.Next can you please say what are the main thing's that seem to bring you down?

I know it's easy getting down for nothing,and you're talking to someone who know's exactly what state of mind you're in so I just want you to feel comfortable even if you would like to chat via PM.
  9. Nox

Nox Member

what feeling is this?
  10. Dyno

Dyno Member

hi again

all of my problems are just life related, im stuck in a dead end job and cant seem to find a new job thats any better, i can get the same type of dead end job which is bad, even my own dad wont give me a ob beacuse according to him i'm not good enough for one.

i'm also pretty sure that my girlfriend of 5 years is cheating on me she says she isnt but ive seen things that makes me believe it not knowing the truth i think is worse than knowing it.

theres alot more to it but thats all i wanna type just thinking about that stuff relly hurts
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.