How to stop panic attacks? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurted

I beggining to have panic attack 7 days ago... first it was 5-10 times on a day, but last 3 days i have them every 2-3 minute... i cant breath normal and my heart beat extremly fast all the time... What can i do? Im shaking too... Is it possible that this is becausr of antidepresive pills?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
the best advice i can give you is to stop taking the medication immediately and see your doctor. she will know best what to do. :hug:

Hurted

the best advice i can give you is to stop taking the medication immediately and see your doctor. she will know best what to do. :hug:
i will stop taking them... I mean i take them last 3 days... i barely felt depressed, but i am without feelings and i have fear and panic attacks...

humpty

Some medications can make you have panic attacks, it depends on how you react to them. I switched to Venlafaxine from Paroxatine made me feel 100% worse. The Paroxatine works great for my panic attacks calms me right down and stops me from having them.

How long you been taking the anti-depressants?

Humpty

SirRob

I'm sorry to hear that you have so many. I get them normally without any meds. They can last up to 3-4 hours in my case. Best thing I found to do is either breath in a paper bag, or find something that relaxes you aside from alcohol or drugs. Like call someone you know and shoot the breeze. Of course I don't do either. I usually get them in public places so I can't act strange or cry. I just have to bear with it and act like nothings wrong. Booo panic attacks.

Hurted

Some medications can make you have panic attacks, it depends on how you react to them. I switched to Venlafaxine from Paroxatine made me feel 100% worse. The Paroxatine works great for my panic attacks calms me right down and stops me from having them.

How long you been taking the anti-depressants?

Humpty
Erm... i steal them from my mother, i take them 3 days... i will stop because i have paranoia...

But i am shure that i need some pills fromn schrink, even if i am only 16...
But i have to wait a month to see him... i dont know how i will survive one month... if pannic attacks and paranoia wont stop in 2 days, i will tell my mother about everything...

humpty

More than likely they don't suit you then. Sometimes anti-depressants can cause panics attacks, it's one of the possible side effects of them. That should pass if you have stoped taking them now.

Paranoia? I think you mean anxiety/worry about having took them and how they made you feel. Lots of people are frightend of taking medication and the effects that they may have had on them. It's perfectly normal. I hate taking medication myself too and worry about the effects that they have.

I hope you inform your mum as soon as possible though. I think it would make you feel a whole of a lot better to talk about it with her.

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Hurted

Few minutes ago i told her everything... i am so sorry now... she is having severe mental problems all her life and now this... i have to punish myself with cutting, otherwise i wont be able to sleep or do anything...

i am so sorry:(

Ps: My mother think that i dont have depression, but that i am just sad because of love... Is it possible? Because i have all depresion symptoms...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweety, it is possible that you have depression. Your environment is probably stressful, you could have a predisposition to it since your mom is having troubles, etc.

I think your mom might be reluctant to admit it because it would make her feel badly, as if she were to blame (which of course she isn't - there is no blame for something like this. It happens, it's chemicals in the body getting off track on their trip to where they're supposed to go.).

When you talk to her about it, think about that - about how she might feel and find a nice way to say it that lets her know that you love her and don't blame her. I think that you should see her doctor. Since he's familiar with her, he'll be better at helping you. He'll also know all that you're going through at home, honey.

And I know you know this (gentle wink) but never ever take someone else's meds. They're dangerous and now you see how bad things can get. They could have been worse. Make sure you get the best by getting your own treatment. Look out for yourself.

By the way, in my (and only my) experience, anxiety attacks didn't start that rapidly just from mental issues. They took a long time to build from one attack, to two, to repeats in the day, to frequent ones. Usually if something like that is happening, there should be a reason: something really scary's going on, a medicine, a physical reason. So I'd bet it's the meds. They weren't meant for you, so they're not making your body do what you want them to.

BY the way, remember that what your mom feels is what you'll pick up, as a kid, on how you should be feeling. My mom was bipolar, paranoid, and anxious all my life. Because I didn't know what I'm telling you now (about how we pick up what our mom is feeling) I ended up becoming paranoid and having huge anxiety attacks.

Once I realized that it was because that's what I was exposed to at home 24/7, it helped me to break the cycle. But I had to have someone to talk to. So this is a good place to start. :)

One more thing: because my mom was panicky and stressed out, she made me feel like I was bad if I didn't worry about the same things she did. So that's how I started to worry. Do you feel the same? Have you ever felt bad, or had her make you feel bad, if you didn't feel the way she does? Like a bad kid? IF she did, she didn't mean to - she's just afraid she's the only one who feels like she does so she was looking for reassurement. But finding out when your feelings of paranoia started, exactly where they started, might help you find out WHY they started.

When I realized exactly when my anxiety attacks started, my super-worry, then I realized I didn't have to worry anymore. Since then, my panic attacks have whittled down from 5-6 times a day to once a day at most, and then managable. I stop and think "ohhhh I'm just falling into my body's old habit" and instantly I can breathe.

Hope this helps some. Talk to us.

just Three

Hurted

Thanks everyone...

My panic attacks are much much better now... i only have around 5 of them daily, so its not big problem:)

I really aprecciatte your help

:hug:

Hurted

Hy!
My panic attacks got on worse last days...

I have around 5 panic attacks on a day... Ussually they are short, few minutes to 20 minuttes...

However today in school i had panic attack which least for longer than hour...
Well i dont know if its panic attack or anxiethy, i dont know much about it...
When i had attacks, my heart just start to beat very fast, i become nervous, i dont know what to do, i feel like im going to puke....I know what triggers are... ussually its reading or thinking about something i will have to do in future... I had last panic attack few minutes ago, the trigger was article in newspaper about a very educated man... i just become woried because i have problems in school lately (average marks)

Why should i do when i have them? I tryed to think about possitive things and deep breathing, but it didnt help a bit...

Thanks for answers:)

B

BOLIAO

u need to see a doc to get medication. I had all those that you described. the meds kinda blocked me feeling those attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00