how to talk to someone who just won't listen

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by aki, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I've tried. I've tried nearly everything. I've tried until I'm screaming inside as well as outside, silently and until my throat hurts.
  2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

forget them? :dunno:

spend your energy on people who do listen.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Elizabeth.

Can you elaborate on the situation please? :arms:
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Don't get all tied up with emotions. If the person does not want to listen then it is time to move on. There will be others in your life!! I don't know what the problem is but that is the best advice I can give you with out knowing!!~Joseph~
  5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Perhaps give them some time, like a few days then try to approach them again. Hopefully by that time they are more willing to listen.
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

You can't talk to someone who won't listen, you can only talk at them, and it's only a waste of your energy, and only felt as an attack by them.

I am sorry :hug:
  7. Barwell

Barwell Active Member

I agree with Mystic Eyes.

Give them time. When they are at there vonrability ask, It dose help if you ask somewhat personal questions, Eg: How they feel? and what they think happend.

Ask these questions when they are upset and the answer blur out of there mouths.

Do not take advantage of this situation. Ever!

If you go too far into there comfort zone they will block you out. And always remember to give them the option of saying NO, to you. Don't feel threatend if they say this to you. There not ready for that, Try and get them to trust you. That's the number one thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.