How to talk

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by student75, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. student75

    student75 New Member

    Im new here and dont really know exactly how to word this but here it goes.

    I think I may suffer from deppresion due to the fact my dad has it my twin has it and a lecturer at college and my twin have said they think I do. On top of this I have suicidal thoughts alot I barely sleep and almost constantly feel like at any moment I could just go crazy and lash out at somone which has happened before.

    However the big issue is simple I have spent almost 7 years trying to isolate my self from family friends and the world. Due to this and many other problems I have extreme confidence issues. Hell I cant even get on a bus because I cant speak to the driver due to said issue but to get to the point how can I ask a doctor if Im suffering from depression if I cant talk to him.
  2. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    Hi hun Depression certainly is hereditary I hope you are getting some professional help to get you stable. Meds or t herapy or both will help and just talking here helps too hugs
  3. dazzle11215

    dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

    if you can't talk write it all down in a letter and give to your doctor to read. that will break the ice. then you can answer any questions he/she has. lots of people do that.
  4. Madam Mim

    Madam Mim Well-Known Member

    Either try this, or ask someone like your twin to go with you, and they can do a lot of the talking for you and help you feel more confident to talk yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.