How to tell if someone is beyond/unworthy of help?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cult logic, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I've been drinking rather heavily as a warning in advance of any parts that don't make sense.

On to my point, I just witnessed a rather intense hour or so mix of trolling, flaming, and incompetent moderation on chat, which has left me with some thoughts.

How exactly can one tell if somebody or themselves is beyond being helped, or unworthy and undeserving of it?

I noticed all it takes is a few unkind words, some unpleasant thoughts, etc on chat for someone to go from being worth listening to and offering support to being someone that should kill themselves in the most unpleasant of manners.

I could just as easily be those people.

People will say everyone deserves help, but the real word is just so inconsistent with that satement.

So what I want to know, is there any actual way to tell if you are one of these people?

Or do you just have to act off of gut instinct and the experiences gained with other people to figure out if you should xxxx, at least in the eyes of others?

Is it when they are unable to help themselves? Or when they are an ass? How do you know? Does it even matter?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think I understand what you are saying...I think each person's behavior reflects him/herself and not the other..when someone acts poorly, it is not because the other is unworthy, it is the person who is acting poorly, and it is this person whose personality should be judged...I also think the members of SF are more sensitive, as a whole, to being viewed negatively which sets off achain of reactions...that does not mean they are more unworthy, in fact, they may be more worthy of being treated compassionately, as many have truly been treated poorly...J

3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

That is the point in the end isn't it.

All I would have to do is say a few words and everyone would go from offering support to urging my death. The world is so pathetically conditional, you need to be what's wanted to have anyone care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.